Facebook notification issue

Disturbd1

Poweramp: v3-build-884-arm64-play [884004-9876041fv3-build-884-arm64-play [884004-9876041f]

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G

Issue: Facebook notifications blare from my phone speakers during playback; they neither pause the music nor playback at the source. For example, if I'm connected via Bluetooth to a device and receive a Facebook notification it plays exclusively from my phone's loudspeaker at a volume that presumably matches the setting in Poweramp for the current playback device. So if PA device volume for the current device is at 75, the notification is played on my phone at that volume. I know this is separate from my phone's notification volume because it is always set just one notch above mute. Music resumes once the notification tone stops or I swipe the pop-down away at the top of the screen.

20201007_134043.jpg

20201007_134156.jpg

Looks like you are using Hi-Res output mode for 44.1kHz/16bit files and BT device. Try enabling "OpenSL ES" or "AudioTrack" for Bluetooth devices in Settings > Audio > Output.

Also in  Settings > Audio > Direct Volume Control, try with and without DVC. Mighty be worth setting Disable Absolute Volume for BT in your device's Android Developer Options. 

Andre

31 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Looks like you are using Hi-FRes output mode for 44.1kHz/16bit files and BT device. Try enabling "OpenSL ES" or "AudioTrack" for Bluetooth devices in Settings > Audio > Output.

Also in  Settings > Audio > Direct Volume Control, try with and without DVC. Mighty be worth setting Disable Absolute Volume for BT in your device's Android Developer Options. 

Andre

In doing this, would I lose the use of hi-res supported codecs for playback on BT devices that support them?

6 hours ago, Disturbd1 said:

In doing this, would I lose the use of hi-res supported codecs for playback on BT devices that support them?

Yes, The BT Output setting is global rather than per-device. So if you have any high-res capable BT devices (and high-res audio files of course) they would only be output at approximately CD quality too. But you still need to find if that solves the problem for you, although I suspect it might.

Andre

Archived