Poweramp Build 835

maxmp

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for figuring my problem. out so quickly.

I hope this is the right place to ask for this: Can the loading and caching of album art be improved somehow? I've got 311 albums on my phone currently and it's loading them very slow, and they don't stay for long. If I scroll down to see the last few album arts loading, and then go up again, the album arts at the top have already been replaced by Poweramp's placeholder again. I guess what I'm asking here would kinda break changed album arts appearing immediately tho... Maybe a toggle, for old devices like mine?

37 minutes ago, LPW00 said:

Thanks for figuring my problem. out so quickly.

I hope this is the right place to ask for this: Can the loading and caching of album art be improved somehow? I've got 311 albums on my phone currently and it's loading them very slow, and they don't stay for long. If I scroll down to see the last few album arts loading, and then go up again, the album arts at the top have already been replaced by Poweramp's placeholder again. I guess what I'm asking here would kinda break changed album arts appearing immediately tho... Maybe a toggle, for old devices like mine?

The speed with which album arts are loaded depends on your device.

I have my album arts all in HD resolution and the loading speed has no delay.

If the album arts do not load fast enough for you then it's not because of Poweramp, but because your memory does not work fast enough. 

21 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

The speed with which album arts are loaded depends on your device.

I have my album arts all in HD resolution and the loading speed has no delay.

If the album arts do not load fast enough for you then it's not because of Poweramp, but because your memory does not work fast enough. 

That would be a reasonable explanation, if other apps didn't load them faster/ cached the longer

6 hours ago, LPW00 said:

I've got 311 albums on my phone currently and it's loading them very slow, and they don't stay for long. If I scroll down to see the last few album arts loading, and then go up again, the album arts at the top have already been replaced by Poweramp's placeholder again.

That could also mean that there isn't much memory available on your phone.

If other apps work better, that could mean that Poweramp uses more memory than these apps.

@LPW00 Poweramp has no problem to cache huge number of covers forever, but unfortunately, there are limits on available per-app memory (RAM). This memory limit does not strictly depend on actual device memory (OP1 has 3gb which is more than OK), but on Android per-app limits. These limits were pretty low back on Android 5-6 days, now they are much more flexible.

As I can see you're on OP 1 @ Android 6.0, which can cache 153.6mb of images = 154 images in total  (or 307 images if RGB 24-bit is off). Actual loaded # of images will be a bit smaller. Unchecking Settings / Album Art / Use 24-bit RGB option will help a bit with number of cached images.

17 hours ago, LPW00 said:

Maybe the issue isn't fixed after all. I just had that thing happen again.

What exactly happened? If that was a track skip, are you sure track exists on the device, recognized and you can manually start it to play? Thanks!

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@LPW00 Poweramp has no problem to cache huge number of covers forever, but unfortunately, there are limits on available per-app memory (RAM). This memory limit does not strictly depend on actual device memory (OP1 has 3gb which is more than OK), but on Android per-app limits. These limits were pretty low back on Android 5-6 days, now they are much more flexible.

As I can see you're on OP 1 @ Android 6.0, which can cache 153.6mb of images = 154 images in total  (or 307 images if RGB 24-bit is off). Actual loaded # of images will be a bit smaller. Unchecking Settings / Album Art / Use 24-bit RGB option will help a bit with number of cached images.

I am impressed that u know I'm using a bacon, it does however run Pie.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

What exactly happened? If that was a track skip, are you sure track exists on the device, recognized and you can manually start it to play? Thanks!

Here u can see, that it claims it can't play the song, after that message it skipped, I swiped back and as u can see the second screenshot shows, it is playing, it's 12 seconds in. But also notice how while in the notification it's accurate on the player it's still.stuck at 0. This is happening a lot less on 835, as on 834 it was happening on every 3rd track, now it's just once in a while. 

Screenshot_20190626-195536.png

Screenshot_20190626-195616.png

4 hours ago, LPW00 said:

Here u can see, that it claims it can't play the song, after that message it skipped, I swiped back and as u can see the second screenshot shows, it is playing, it's 12 seconds in. But also notice how while in the notification it's accurate on the player it's still.stuck at 0. This is happening a lot less on 835, as on 834 it was happening on every 3rd track, now it's just once in a while. 

Screenshot_20190626-195536.png

Screenshot_20190626-195616.png

Hmmmm. Seems I'm getting the same issue. Tracks play but ....  a) I get that 'Failed to play file' message and b) the visualisation bar does not move.  Thought it was to do with a ROM change on my Note 9 but it has just been since I installed 835. All permissions granted etc etc. On  stock based Pie on on a Galaxy Note 9.

Ta

Dave

@dvhttn track is played but message is still there? Does this happen for single track? Do you use SoX resampler? Visualization bar - do you mean the one in equalizer? Is there anything that you think may trigger this behavior (specific tracks/folder, some action)? Thanks!

@LPW00 is this for SoX resampler or SW resampler is enabled (Settings / Audio / Resampler). Does this happen for opus files only? Do you use hi-res output, and if so, what is your sampling frequency (44.1/48/96/192, etc.)? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@LPW00 is this for SoX resampler or SW resampler is enabled (Settings / Audio / Resampler). Does this happen for opus files only? Do you use hi-res output, and if so, what is your sampling frequency (44.1/48/96/192, etc.)? Thanks!

Sox, cutoff frequency ratio is 99%, Dither is set to shibata. It seems to happen on flac too. High Res output is still not working on my phone so just standard opensl es output. 48kHz, since all opus tracks are 48kHz, any other frequency wouldn't make sense.

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

@dvhttn track is played but message is still there? Does this happen for single track? Do you use SoX resampler? Visualization bar - do you mean the one in equalizer? Is there anything that you think may trigger this behavior (specific tracks/folder, some action)? Thanks!

OK. Noticed it whilst I was in the car so couldn't play with it too much. Just taken another look and all now appears normal. What I know I did was a) android settings>apps>Poweramp - and cleared storage cache and b) permissions - turned storage permission off then on again. Not sure what happened there then. I'll get back if it happens again.

From some past versions to the current version of the program, the sound is limited on my phone, and sometimes the sound is quite high and clear, I do not know where the problem is, but before the sounds were louder, please check this out.

My device:honor 8 lite Android 8.0

Oneplus 6 9.0.6

Max said there is a bug in Qualcomm CPU causing difficults having hi-res output above  192 khz with DVC enabled and ok for audio coming from internal DAC but today arrived my new SMSL IQ dac and all the thing are the same. Listening a dsd64 352.4 khz the volume lowers with 176.4 khz, rise with 192 and above always lowers (ALWAYS with dvc enabled). 

After this preamble, my question is:

if the path is digital and direct to usb output jumping internal dac, why I have the same behaviour?

It's not a matter of dac and is 'cause Qualcomm buids s...itting cpus?

I bought an external dac thinking to solve this ridiculous story....

Thanks for replays

@soundsample at the moment, all Pie + Qualcomm ROMs support Hi-Res + DVC with 48kHz/96kHz/192kHz only, though putting these limitation on external dac (or limitation at all) is oversight by Qualcomm. Probably that will be resolved with the next firmwares.

Though, DVC gives more headroom for DSP (thus allowing changing sound massively, e.g. with bass), and extremely hi-res sampling rates is something about accuracy (quite opposite to DSPing sound), so you may prefer either disabling DVC, using flat equalizer, or lower sampling frequencies, amplified bands/tones and DVC. 

Disabled DVC will give same volume if you use No Headroom Gain option for the output (Settings / Audio / Output / Hi-Res Output / <your device> / No Headroom Gain).

Archived