Poweramp doesn't recognize sd card on a Chromebook

jasonv

Hi;

I installed Poweramp on a Chomebook and it doesn't see the SD card at all. It only recognizes the internal drive. I tried the MediaMonkey app and it works fine. I performed a rescan and reinstall. No luck.

I attached 2 images. One showing Poweramp and the other showing MediaMonkey. The apps are expanded to full screen to show detail.

Please assist.

Thanks.

- Jason

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 12.00.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 11.58.38 AM.png

• 2 months later...

I am running the newest beta of Poweramp as of 8-3-2019 and I am also not able to see external storage on my recently updated Chromebook.

Tried a couple of other media players & they see the external storage devices. Pulsar Music Player & Pi Media player sees it fine.

Been a Poweramp user for several years now & I would like to keep using it if possible.

Thank you.

Please be a bit more specific about your chrome device and Poweramp build. I test Poweramp on ChromeOS emulator and it works OK (Poweramp users standard API for accessing storage). Please verify Poweramp has appropriate permission. Thanks!

On 5/31/2019 at 5:31 PM, superluig164 said:

It also looks like he is running v2 because there is no Intel build of v3, could we perhaps get an Intel build, even if it is buggy?

I am confused as well, why spend time on v2? I tried to install pamp v3 on chrome os emulator but it will not install of course.

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

@flyingdutchman for emulator you’ll need the image with arm emulator built-in.

There does not appear to be an arm image available:

All it finds is Pixelbook beta x86, api 25. Where can I find the arm image?

•  

On 8/3/2019 at 2:11 PM, maxmp said:

Please be a bit more specific about your chrome device and Poweramp build. I test Poweramp on ChromeOS emulator and it works OK (Poweramp users standard API for accessing storage). Please verify Poweramp has appropriate permission. Thanks!

I am running the newest beta version that was released on 8-6-19

My Chromebook is a Lenovo c330 running version 75 ChromeOS

I think Poweramp is thinking My Files is a separate SD card, because if I go into app permissions and clear access to external storage Poweramp no longer shows My Files, but my files are internal storage.  

grant access.png

PowerAmp choice of folders.png

version of chrome.png

• 2 weeks later...

am running into the same issue with the 8/6/2019 build. I haven't tried with earlier builds.

My Chromebook is a Lenovo 500e running version 76 Chrome OS Stable

This has been my go-to player for as long as I can remember. Would really appreciate if this can be fixed. Not sure if the helps, but I know the VLC Player APK can see the SD. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived