2 Folders (with several sub-folders) & Shuffling

DanVM

I have 2 folders with several sub-folders in each. I want to shuffle all the songs in one or the other folder. I select "Folders Hierarchy" and then the top level folder and select "shuffle". If I select "next" it always goes to the first song. Pressing "next" goes to the next song in order - nothing is shuffled. Is that by design? Also, it often plays the same song a second time (but not third) when hitting next even though I've performed a Full Rescan. Looking at the files within Poweramp and using my phone's Files app shows there there are no duplicates.

Before troubleshooting further, could you check that Settings > Library > Lists > No Reshuffle is turned off.

Are you wanting the sub-folders to be played separately with their individual contents shuffled, which is the default behaviour for the Shuffle icon in a high level folder, or do you want all songs in all of the subfolders to be randomly mixed up together? If wanted, the latter mode can be forced with Settings > Library > Lists > Shuffle All Songs in Folder Hierarchy.

Andre

Archived