Visualization location, transparency & aspect ratio

Arick

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Arick said:

Someone please come and reply...

Changes to the visualization have already been discussed in these forums, see for example

Search in the forums, perhaps you'll find someone whose existing request you can support.

On 3/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, blaubär said:

Changes to the visualization have already been discussed in these forums, see for example

Search in the forums, perhaps you'll find someone whose existing request you can support.

Thanks for pointing out. But I think still it's a good idea to open a dedicated thread for a specific topic. I have already done a search through the forum about this feature. However, couldn't find any. 

BTW, what do you think about this idea?

• 4 months later...

@Crericper it’s not easily possible to replace just album art with the visualization (texhnically possible, but that will be too hard for mobile GPUs esp. on lower end and given the level of Poweramp UI transitions/interactivity), and that background pane with blurred cover is also the visualization pane. Also, visualizations require black background (as milk presets never assumed non black backgrounds) so anything else usually glitches/fails).

Still it’s possible to “frame” visualization into some square, but again, UI transitions and animations complicate things. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On Tue Aug 13 2019 at 8:50 PM, maxmp said:

@Crericper it’s not easily possible to replace just album art with the visualization (texhnically possible, but that will be too hard for mobile GPUs esp. on lower end and given the level of Poweramp UI transitions/interactivity), and that background pane with blurred cover is also the visualization pane. Also, visualizations require black background (as milk presets never assumed non black backgrounds) so anything else usually glitches/fails).

Still it’s possible to “frame” visualization into some square, but again, UI transitions and animations complicate things. Thanks!

Oh, I haven't thought about coding complexity. I was just wondering it will look really good if that has been implemented...

Archived