User confirmation shuffling

blaubär

Now that we can shuffle an artist's albums I did that on several occasions. Good thing : it generally works. Bad thing : due to negligence and/or stupidity I always succeeded in breaking my shuffling run after the nth album just by playing another song out of order.

Request : a question to the user before this really takes place might be helpful : "Hey, stupid, you really wanna play that song and wreck your artist-album-shuffle ?" Or words to that effect.

• 4 months later...

I've never quite understood the levels of panic and fear that seem to be present when we get to discussing the horrific possibility that a shuffled playback order might occasionally play the same song twice - i.e truly random rather than shuffled. But hey, that's just me. :) 

However it is still possible to listen to something else in the meantime without disrupting a shuffled session by using the Queue. If you are listening to (for example) track 11 of a 100-track shuffled list, and you enqueue a few other songs in the meantime, when regular playback recommences it will still be in original shuffled sequence at track 12/100.

Andre

39 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

However it is still possible to listen to something else in the meantime without disrupting a shuffled session by using the Queue.

Exactly. So it is obvious that a lock or a confirmation won't do any harm. It might be combined with a hint as to the queue.

Archived