add artists to playlists

it would be nice if you added a function to add artists to playlists, that is, when you add an artist to a playlist, you add their songs, but I would like to add the artist. For example, if I want to create a "Best Singers of 2018" playlist, I add the artists, not their songs. I do not know if it's clear what I meant, but it's a function I really want and have never seen in other players

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

A playlist can only contain a list of files to play. When you add the whole of an artist to a Playlist (which you can do) then PA will simply add all currently available songs by that artist to the list. It won't be dynamic and find other new songs by that artist later.

Andre

Can not do this? is a simple function, if it is not possible to put artists in the playlists there could be a form, or a category that could. Because I could create a playlist with my favorite artists / best rap artists, etc. Please, you put the function of the most reproduced songs, before you did not have it. It would be great if I could create playlists with artists, like with the "artist profile" but not with his songs, and, if I wanted to, listen to his songs.

As I said, Playlists (to be compatible with external file-based lists too, see the M3U spec) are basically just a long list of music filenames, there is no facility for dynamically searched/auto-updated content. The spec does allow for one dynamic variant only, which is for the M3U to contain a single path/folder reference (and no other content at all) which is meant to play all the current content of that folder, but I don't know if PA implements that option or not.

However you can add all of the songs by one artist into a Playlist very easily - just long-press on the artist name in the Artists library view and choose Add to Playlist.

Andre

This is like something I mentioned in another topic as a possible feature. An "Artist group" category managed by Poweramp. You would group multiple artists in a category and all the albums of those artists would be listed with standard Poweramp sorting. So think of how you can group artists using Genre. But managed by Poweramp without editing tags and being able to assign a group name and pictures. 

The problem with playlists is not having the quick listing of albums and all the sorting options.

This would be a unique to Poweramp feature.

Archived