V3 splits one album into several.

whatisthissongcalled

• 4 months later...

I am having this same problem. PA splits some of my albums into separate identical albums. The name of artist and name of album is the exact same (ID-tags) for f.ex. 2 songs in this case, see screenshots below. Only difference is the song title. These two songs should be on the same one album, not on two identical ones. I have checked the settings as Max has advised and the 'Join Albums' setting is enabled in my PA. I am not using 'Albums by Artist' in my ID-tags btw, just 'Album' with name of album.

Any suggestions? Do I need to change some other settings?

y2WvLij.jpgnu2e05V.jpgkEjOJ12.jpgOIKFGYg.jpg

31 minutes ago, Malagant said:

I am having this same problem. PA splits some of my albums into separate identical albums.

That should not be happening. If there are no Album Artist tags at all in the songs, then as long as the Track Artist and Album Title tags are identical, they should be grouped together into one album in the list. Could you show the Info/tags screen for both of those tracks?

Andre 

Thanks for swift the reply. I checked the two song files once more, in more detail using Mp3tag this time to see if there were any differences at all between the song files other than song title. As mentioned, album and artist were identical but I now saw that one of the tracks had additional ID-track info in the Year, Track, Genre section. The other track did not have info in that section.

To test if this could have anything to do with the aforementioned problem, I edited the music file with the added info (in the Year, Track, Genre section) and deleted that info so that both music files now were 100% identical apart from song title. I removed the previous songs from my phone and copied these edited song files to the phone. I did not really have much hope tbh, since I have not read that having f.ex Year of track, Genre of track in the ID-tag on one track but not on the other should influence PA in this regard (only that track artist and track album title should be the same), but it actually worked on my phone! Now both songs are on the one album as they are supposed to be, see screenshots below. I tested it on a second similar case just now, edited the additional tags (Year, Track, Genre ) on one of the tracks and it worked there too.

Does this mean that all parts of the ID-tags on MP3s f.ex. should be identical for PA to place all songs with same album title and artist on the same album? Or some kind of sensitivity or glitch on some units/phones perhaps? For whatever reason, I am very glad it works for me now.

Rc4eeLE.jpgMhtsnQR.jpg

6 hours ago, Malagant said:

Does this mean that all parts of the ID-tags on MP3s f.ex. should be identical for PA to place all songs with same album title and artist on the same album? 

It might be that there are tag fields besides album artist, artist, album that Poweramp uses to define an album. After all, for example the YEAR can be used to sort albums, so it must be considered being part of the album definition.

@Maxmp : could you enlighten us as to how this is ? Perhaps additional fields are used ( only ? ) in the absence of album artist with the join albums option ?

44201982336.jpg

Archived