Queue functionality missing in v3

tonyb

Hi all,

Big thumbs up in general for the new-look Poweramp. I'm running v3-build-812-play, full version. 

Something I can't work out though - previously, while listening to an album, I was able to add songs to the Queue and these queued songs would start playing in queued order when the album had finished. By doing this I could do things like listen to my favourite songs from the same album once the album had finished; add a new album to start immediately at the end of the current album; add songs from a different album (or albums) again to start at the end of the current album.

In my v3 build I can't find the options to do this. I can either queue songs that start playing immediately, or I can queue songs that play start playing after the current song. 

How do I configure my options to play the queue after the current album has finished?

Thanks!

Tony

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thanks for the feedback, option will be readed in next builds.

That's great!  I was really sad to not see that option in v3.

Another bug I've noticed is that if I delete X number of songs in my queue that have already played, "Now Playing" will display the song  that was up in X songs.  It will keep playing the song that was playing, but shows the wrong song on "Now Playing".  It will then stop playing after the song has finished and won't start playing until a new song is selected.

• 6 months later...

hi - sorry to pester and revive an old thread, but any news on including this fix in an upcoming release? (my current version is v3-build-836-arm64-play full version btw)

Thanks!

No, the option to start playing the Queue after the end of the current Category (rather than after the current song) has not yet made its way back into v3.

Hopefully Max might get a chance to look at it soon, as it does seem to be a popular request.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

The way I use Poweramp I'll be out for a walk and I'll decide what album I'd like to hear next. In the old version it would switch to the queue when the current album finished. Now it switches to the queue after the current song. I would like to see this option restored.

It would be great to see PA add enhancements to the Queue! Stuff like add next, add after current album and add to Queue end (which is what it currently does). It would also be nice to have a feature to stay in the Queue when the queue is cleared, just leave PA with nothing playing until something is explicitly started, either by putting something in the Queue or the other way.

16 hours ago, jdefjdef said:

In the old version it would switch to the queue when the current album finished. Now it switches to the queue after the current song. I would like to see this option restored.

So do a lot of people. Hopefully @maxmp might be able to restore it again, so we have the same set of options that were available in v2 at some point in the future?

Andre

• 1 month later...

I just signed up for this specific reason. I just upgraded to v3 last night finally (still prefer v2 but v2 is laggy on the iBasso DX220 which is built on Android 8.1 yet v2 works fine on my Pixel 2 which has Android 9; go figure). Anyway, I've finally gotten used to v3 but am really missing the option to start the queue after the current list/album. I used that feature heavily in v2 and it seems rather odd to have something that simple missing from the new version

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived