Jump to content
Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
NickIst

Multiple composers

Recommended Posts

In v3 808 a composer tag is used, but if I have several composers per track separated by ; PA reads only the last one. Is there any possibility to display all the tags, creating a separate entry for each composer in the composers' list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a android sorting issue.  I've been wanting this and artists for a long time. I just don't think android is allowing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 9:03 PM, Absinthequ said:

I think this is a android sorting issue.  I've been wanting this and artists for a long time. I just don't think android is allowing it. 

But at the same time it displays multiple genres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poweramp does not use the Android system media library at all, it maintains its own database, so it's not an Android limitation.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp does not use the Android system media library at all, it maintains its own database, so it's not an Android limitation.

Andre

So it must displays them, doesn't it? Can you help me? I use for tagging the tools of the MusicBee player. I use it also for converting my FLAC to AAC to listen to them on the phone. My flac has the tags composers separated by semicolon (;). 

Снимок.PNG

Снимок1.PNG

Maybe it's because I have 3 composer tags each with different entry?

Снимок.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know multiple separate instances of the same tag was a valid option, shows what I know! :) We'll need Max to let us know whether PA supports multiple tags though, or only multiple items within one tag.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flac allows for multiple tags, doesn't require unique tags.

MP3 only allows one instance of most tags, but the data can be separated into multiple values. In v2.3 TPE1 and TCOM can have multiple values, separated by  "/" character. (Wonder just how AC/DC is supposed to be handled. In v2.4 multiple values should be separated by a null character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 6b6561 said:

Flac allows for multiple tags, doesn't require unique tags.

MP3 only allows one instance of most tags, but the data can be separated into multiple values. In v2.3 TPE1 and TCOM can have multiple values, separated by  "/" character. (Wonder just how AC/DC is supposed to be handled. In v2.4 multiple values should be separated by a null character.

My mp3's also have more than one instance anhd that is displayed correctly in MusicBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I didn't know multiple separate instances of the same tag was a valid option, shows what I know! :) We'll need Max to let us know whether PA supports multiple tags though, or only multiple items within one tag.

Andre

Maybe the problem is that MPEG4 tags (for example) have separate @wrt for each composer in my case. PA only reads the last one. While for example genres which quite often have multiple value are listed with a semicolon in one tag @gen and are displayed normally in PA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 4:07 AM, andrewilley said:

I didn't know multiple separate instances of the same tag was a valid option, shows what I know! :) We'll need Max to let us know whether PA supports multiple tags though, or only multiple items within one tag.

Andre

In fact the genres are correctly displayed in PA, thus I assume it supports multiple tags. So maybe it's a bug?

Снимок.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...