Not reading ID tags?

ro55mo

Build is rc-build-799-play although this issue has existed in v3 since I upgraded. I have just not posted about it before. Phone is a Nokia 7 Plus running Android 8.1

The issue is that not all of the tracks tags appear to be read by the application. Please see images in linked folder. But all of the tags are present and correct and can be read by other music players.

<removed>

FLAC generally uses Vorbis tags, which anecdotally seem to have more issues with compatibility than tend to occur with ID3 tags. You'd need to upload some sample files to be checked though. Have you tried clearing the tags from a test file and then re-creating them cleanly using your tag editor software?

Andre

I went hunting for a new tag editor. I had been using EasyTAG

This had always seemed to serve me well in the past but I tried MusicBrainz Picard

This seems to work better. In my original link to the screen shots I have added a seventh which shows the metadata showing correctly in Poweramp.

Very odd that some of the tracks showed in an album and some did not. Oh well. I am happy to have a solution. Having tried other Android music players I always come back to Poweramp (paid version).

Archived