Support for "Album artist" filed.

kamil_w

In the library there are views:

- Artists,

- Albums by Artist.

Both of them are unusable and useless for me. I really, really miss for support for "album artist view".

What is difference between "artist" and "album artist":

http://forums.ilounge.com/itunes-mac-pc/215223-whats-difference-between-artist-album-artist.html

I will be grateful for adding support of this field.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've been waiting 2 years now for a music player on Android to support this feature. Player pro has a broken implementation of it which was really deceiving. I can't imagine this being that complicated to implement, and I usually have to default to folder tree organization in order to get to what I am looking for quickly. Speaking of which, folder tree organization doesn't work properly in Poweramp, I'll post in bug section.

I'd appreciate this too.

Especially if you're using Poweramp to play your iTunes library it's kinda confusing at the beginning. In iTunes all artists are properly grouped while in Poweramp one album gets split in several parts because of featurings or other things. An album artist option (maybe just in "list" properties) woul be perfect!

I've been waiting 2 years now for a music player on Android to support this feature. Player pro has a broken implementation of it which was really deceiving.

Same here. I looked at switching to Player Pro just for this feature...but as you note, it doesn't work. Google Music supports it, but is far too bare bones in other areas. So I'm sticking with Poweramp, hoping we'll see it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Want it badly. Right now it is quite difficult to navigate through the library.

What I really crave is having an option of providing a custom sequence of custom tags to be used to granulate the library, potentially with a different sorting (e.g. navigate using %album artist%\%album%\%track% sorted by %album artist%\%date%\%discnumber%-%tracknumber%)

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping that Poweramp would be able to be the market leader in terms of media organisation too, in addition to it being a good playback app. I also know other friends who would be more than willing to purchase a copy if proper album artist tag support is implemented.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. Not having an album artist view is really a show stopper. When I list by artist I have 100's (yes literally 100s) of one shot artists from various electronic compilations. With all this noise in my artist list I can't navigate easily through my collection to find what I want. For these compilations, there is always an overall DJ/Artist that put the compilation together that I want to list by. Hence "album artist". This should be a very quick and easy addition.

• 6 months later...

Yes, yes, yes!

This is definitely a feature I would appreciate.

Would be very beneficial for me if as well as listing items by Artists you could choose to view a list in order of Album artists.

I have loads of classical compilations with various Artists and would like to have the option to be able to see all these albums listed together.

Very big fan of how you can view list by Artists but then order the albums so all albums by the same artists show in a row - would be one great step further to be able to do this with Album Artists.

LETS DO IT!

+1

I'm amazed the "album artist" field support is not implemented yet. Now I realize why my artist list is that long!

Also I'm glad the moderator subscribes the importance of the correct ID3v2 implementation.

But, can't this be fixed in a maintanance update v2.0.9?

I love to test the v3 beta, but doubt if such large overhaul will be bug free during the lifespan of my phone!

So please, make sure the v2.x will be kept availlable as the "classic version". ;)

Archived