Long press volume keys to skip tracks when screen off.

sturmeh

We are very much listening just have quite a long list of to add features. This is behind things like Google Music (cloud music) support and design changes, but it's something Max says he's going to add.

Great news!

Is great news for pleople like I that don't have earbuds with buttons.

Thanks!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE DEVELOPERS DO NOTHING WHILE THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS HAVE TO REMOVE PHONE FROM THERE POCKET, PUSH LOCK BUTTON THEN SLIDE SCREEN TO UNLOCK THEN LOOK FOR NEXT BUTTON THEN TOUCH NEXT TRACK BUTTON THEN LOCK PHONE THEN PUT PHONE IN POCKET MINDING TO SET THE WIRES NICE.

THE DEVELOPERS DO NOTHING WHILE THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS HAVE TO REMOVE PHONE FROM THERE POCKET, PUSH LOCK BUTTON THEN SLIDE SCREEN TO UNLOCK THEN LOOK FOR NEXT BUTTON THEN TOUCH NEXT TRACK BUTTON THEN LOCK PHONE THEN PUT PHONE IN POCKET MINDING TO SET THE WIRES NICE.

+1 on this request. I only joined this forum to ask this.

We are very much listening just have quite a long list of to add features. This is behind things like Google Music (cloud music) support and design changes, but it's something Max says he's going to add.

Guys, this vol. button skip function is a must have for an everyday music player. This feature makes people's life so much easier. I cannot think of reason why you guys put low priority on this. Can't you guys imagine how simple and safe it can be to skip tracks while driving?

Three out of five my friends who bought Poweramp moved to PlayerPro for this function.

Please add this feature ASAP so we can keep on using your app.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought your app 4-5 days ago. I was given you 5 stars. But...I just have registred for this option.Personaly for me THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE FOR THE MUSIC PLAYER. NOW I SHOULD BUY HEADSET WITH CONROLER ONLY FOR THIS OPTION. WHY TO BUY THEM WHEN YOU CAN DO IT AND I CAN DONATE TO YOU THE MONEY WHICH I SHOULD GIVE FOR HEADSET TO YOU. I MEAN THE GOOD HEADSET FOR EXAMPLE PHILIPS SHE700/9005A WITH CONTROLLER COST $22. IF YOU PUT THIS OPTION I PROMISE THAT I WILL DONATE $22 TO YOU.

I WANT IT TO BE LIKE IN CM7 AND ABOVE. WHEN SCREEN IS OFF AND HOLD VOLUME ROCKER IT CHANGES THE TRACK.

IF IT CANNOT BE LIKE IN CM , THEN PUT ONLY PRESSING ONCE VOLUME BUTTON LIKE IN OLD WALKMAN SERIES AND PROP****R (IN THIS PLAYER IT is VERY LAGGY). PLEASE DO NOT PUT DOUBLE PRESSING CAUSE IT IS ANNOYING. WHEN PRESS ONE IT INCREASE THE VOLUME. IT IS VERY ANNOYING.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I WILL DO MY PROMISE. BUT PUT THIS OPTIONS. PLEASE!

+1,and a shortcut button that will set bass and

treble knobs to 50% each....:)

developer needs to stay focus and improve the product .

seems like they forgot that this is meant to be a top notch music player

because now they are busy translating Poweramp to languages

nobody speaks.

I gave up asking for spectrum analyzer ....

I found a great app. for this on the Google play store. It's called "volumeNext Free"

When the screen for your android device is "on" the volume controls function normally. When the screen is off, the volume rocker functions as "next" and "previous" track.

Works great for me in Poweramp.

• 2 months later...

Pocket skip track, does the thing all right!

Download it from Google Play Store.

It's double or triple click, not the long press, but at least it works, you can adjust volume or skip forward/backward.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

There are apps around that provide this functionality for your device, download one of those and it

should work with Poweramp.Andre

Actually no, not hold press. Pocket skip have only simple and double press. And if you for example double press volume up to change track the volume for a brief moment increases before the track change. Annoying...

I find this request quite useless.

As an android dev myself, also impractical

The press+hold of Volume keys already has functions assigned to them - Quick continuous volume inrease/decrease.

You either have that or track skip but not both. There is always going to be a preference divide of users on this matter.

So I vote for leave the volume buttons alone.

Use lock screen widget to change tracks.

This is the best music app on Android since the day dot. Great work fellas.

I find this request quite useless.

As an android dev myself, also impractical

The press+hold of Volume keys already has functions assigned to them - Quick continuous volume inrease/decrease.

You either have that or track skip but not both. There is always going to be a preference divide of users on this matter.

So I vote for leave the volume buttons alone.

Use lock screen widget to change tracks.

This is the best music app on Android since the day dot. Great work fellas.

And I find your post and opinion useless and ignorant. So you vote for leaving the volume buttons alone, well good for you , shows to f egocentric you probably are, since is doesn't concern or bother you for Poweramp have an on or/off feature to change track with a long press.

To make things worse, you didn't understand the topic request, which is obvious seeing you reply "The press+hold of Volume keys already has functions assigned to them - Quick continuous volume inrease/decrease.

You either have that or track skip but not both" 

OP and lots of users like me, obviously don't care about continuous increase/decrease volume, it's pretty useless when having a singel press do it for you, and would gladly rather have an option to change tracks without removing the phone out of you pocket, hit the power button and so on. Thus your argument of using screen widget is also extremely narrow minded.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those of you who have a rooted phone and the xposed module installed can use the Physical Button Music Control app in order to skip/play/pause track with the volume buttons, as well as the headset buttons.

Here is more info on this:

When the screen is off/locked/on this module allows you to:
- send media play signals
- send media next/previous signals
- send volume up/down signals
- launch app shortcut actions
...with any buttons your phone might have!

And also:
- Disable original button functions
- Send a play signal when devices get plugged in
- Send signals only when selected devices are plugged in
- Set music volume when play signals are sent
- Set a media player to send the signals to or use the last used one
- Launch the selected player before sending signals

And a couple of links:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/xeed.xposed.cbppmod

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-physical-button-music-control-1-8-t2620777

I've been using it for some time now and it does exactly what I expected! Give it a try!

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2011 at 11:36 AM, sturmeh said:

Now that you are overriding the volume keys to control the volume when DVC is enabled, would it be possible to include an option for longpressing volume keys to skip back/forward tracks?

This should only work if Direct Volume Control is enabled, and the screen is off.

This is much needed. 

Archived