Playlists based on "Comments"

ScottR

One thing that can be done is I-tunes is building playlists based on words in the comments. So I have the word "Explicit" in the comments of the appropriate songs and can use that to excludes songs in a playlist for my kids. I also have individual tracks I have bought that I like to have in a playlist by fiding the word "mix" in the comments.

Thanks

Scott

After investigation, it appears that neither android nor Poweramp hold the comment details.

To explain this a little further, android and Poweramp scan your media files and popuplate/mantain their databases reading the information on the tags. As they do not include the comment tag, i am (and Poweramp) unable to create playlists from it. Sorry

• 3 months later...

Can you fool it by adding another "tag" or two without putting a currently useful/needed heading like "artist"? ie, have a tag like "List"?

(Sorry forgot I asked this question here so I didn't come back to look)

Scott

On 1/19/2016 at 10:54 AM, TheoKlink said:

After investigation, it appears that neither android nor Poweramp hold the comment details.

To explain this a little further, android and Poweramp scan your media files and popuplate/mantain their databases reading the information on the tags. As they do not include the comment tag, i am (and Poweramp) unable to create playlists from it. Sorry

From what I remember, Poweramp used to be able to display song comments (as well as edit them).

@TheoKlink, so what you're trying to say is I the song comment feature was never removed and instead, it wasn't possible anymore because that's how the Android OS functions?

The comment tag does exists on your mp3 tracks. Native Android nor Poweramp read this tag when they populate their media databases during the scanning process. Mediaplayers display tag detail by running sql queries against these database. Interrogating your Mp3 tag details directly is not possible using sql

On 24/04/2016 at 4:58 AM, TheoKlink said:

If you do not care about "composer" or "album artist" you could use these tags on your music collection. Poweramp (new release) and my app expose both tags.

Thanks. D'uh Of course. Use the tags that are there. No perfect, but it will do the job.

Archived