A pack of ideias [Updated with Pictures!!]

nuno

My first post was a bit confusing so I decided to make it simple and give you some visual support for my ideas.

Well, to make long story short, I recently switched to Android from an iPhone 3 GS and one of the main reasons was the fact that I found a good iPod/iPhone player replacement: Poweramp.

By now, I'm already a huge Poweramp fan: it's as visually simple as the iPhone music player (I actually like Poweramp better) but brings some serious power. However, there are some features I believe would make it even better. Here's my take:

1. Full Library Mode

Library view works flawlessly and I believe many of you, like me, spend most of the time in this view. So it would be really nice to have customizable items (e.g. all songs, albums, artists, playlists, queue, etc) on the lower menu according to your personal preferences. This would also obliterate the need for the back button on the top right corner. Instead, the Filter button could be visible all the time which is handy because one wouldn't have to scroll all the way to the top!

screenshot2012071914131.jpg

NOTE: the full library mode could probably be activated in the advanced settings.

2. Double tap on artwork for album songs

Simple and fast. Let's see:

songsalbums.jpg

3. Improved Widgets

Love widgets? Me too :) So how could the Poweramp widget be improved? Have a look:

widgetz.png

NOTE: Double tap artwork for the songs.

4. Smart Title

If you listen to classical music as I do, it is very common to come across the frustrating task of navigating through album tracks: some are gigantic and identical. To make it easier, one could just swipe to scroll the text:

smarttitle.png

NOTE: the blue boxes are indications only [hidden]! The idea is to swipe over the title to have it scrolled (Oh and I was lazy to copy the full library mode layout I suggested B))

5. Instant "Now Playing"

If you like gestures like I do, then you'd like "pinch to Now Playing". Fast access from any location:

screenshot2012071918243.png

Some of my other wishes:

Cover flow in landscape mode!

Itunes integration (syncing directly through Poweramp - I'd pay for that :D )

On a final note, please keep in mind these are my "renderings". No copyright infringement intended B)

So if you've made it through all the post and like my ideas, let me know (and please excuse my english)!

• 2 weeks later...

especially request 4 (smart title) is very very useful! Some Folder and Song names are pretty long and currently it is impossible to see the whole folder name when browsing through folders... I tried everything, could not find any way to see the whole folder name. Moreover, the folder view does not respect subfolders... For example: Three albums are stored on sd card in "Music/Sean Paul/"... instead of keeping that order (i.e. showing the Sean Paul folder and only showing the three albums after one clicked at the sean paul folder), Poweramp separates every folder and shows each folder on its own. Pretty messy when having lots of subfolders! Please find a way to fix this or give us an option to do so...

• 1 month later...

"Moreover, the folder view does not respect subfolders... For example: Three albums are stored on sd card in "Music/Sean Paul/"... instead of keeping that order (i.e. showing the Sean Paul folder and only showing the three albums after one clicked at the sean paul folder), Poweramp separates every folder and shows each folder on its own. Pretty messy when having lots of subfolders! Please find a way to fix this or give us an option to do so..."

I Agree!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived