• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using the paid version of Poweramp, and unable to get it to see folders and files on my external sdcard. I am running Android 4 ICS on a Toshiba thrive tablet. When I go to settings - folders and libraries - music folders, it scans the device as expected. The first item shown is "mnt/sdcard", which is my internal storage, with a down-arrow under it to indicate the folder is collapsible. The top-level folders appear beneath this, with right-pointing arrows if there are any second level (or deeper) folders beneath them. But at the end of the list, the external card appears as "mnt/sdcard2" (its normal designation on the Thrive) but there is NO arrow to expand the folders, even though there are several that contain mp3 files. Checking the select folder box for mnt/sdcard2 still will not locate any files.

I should add that the external folders and files are visible in every file manager program I have. If I click one of these and select "play with Poweramp", the file will indeed play but the option to "add to library" will be grayed out. I have also checked to be sure the sdcard's read/write permissions are correctly set.

--- UPDATE ---

OK, after a few hours of experimentation I've discovered this seems to be an sdcard formatting issue, and now I recall that when I first got the Thrive several months ago, any files on the external sdcard were "read only" and could not be modified or deleted (although they had no problems when the card was plugged into a Windows laptop). The trick, I was told, was to format the sdcard as exFAT. I did this, and everything then worked fine on the tablet - all file privileges were "rw" as expected. Just now I formatted a different sdcard as FAT32, copied some music files to it, plugged it into the tablet, and lo and behold Poweramp reads the folders and files OK. However, I now have the original problem again: the files are read-only so I can't delete them, change tags, etc. This puts me in a catch-22 kind of situation.

On the exFAT-formatted card, all files and folders show up OK in every other application I have installed including file managers (Toshiba File Manager, Rhythm File Manager, Andro Explorer, X-Plore), music players (the native Android Player, Play Music, Folder Play), and the jpg photos on the sdcard appear in Gallery. Poweramp seems to be the only software that does not recognize this format. Is this something that can be addressed in a future update? If you have any other suggestions, please advise. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! :)

My problem:

I have a problem with song progressbar on HTC Desire, his doesn't show correct, for example - when I touch on 50% on music progressbar I see that is 20% of music, not 50%.

Or another, I have a mp3, track have 4 minutes, when I touch 2:00 I see, that I pressed 1:00, not 2:00, you know what I mean? :-) music progressbar is starts from 20 second, sliding doesn't work correctly, please - fix it :-)

Tested on many Roms - stock, miui, cm - on every Rom my progressbar doesn't react like I touching, on ArcS, SGS3 LG GT540 works correct, only on Desire isn't work fine. I have newest Poweramp from Google Play, and from Your site - still with this bug on Desire. I'm now on MIUI 2.3.7, 5-6 months ago Poweramp works correct, newest updates make this problem.

SCREENSHOTS UPLOADED ON MY SKYDRIVE FOLDER: https://skydrive.liv...C8093B27C3E!343 (4 screenshots are with description)

I have full version of Poweramp, please fix this bug, greetings! :-)

>Hi. I purchased the Poweramp from the market about three weeks ago. But it sometimes gives the alert "failed to verify licence". I wrote mail and did what you said, the alert vanish short time but the problem repeats again and again, at the end the pro closes itself continually. I got annoyed this situation. Please solve this problem or pay my money back.

We're sorry you're having this issues with the Poweramp's unlocker, we really don't like customers not enjoying their paid product. Now we on the forum cannot really help you because we don't have access to the unlocker files, and only emailing support can be of help to you. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hey i got the same fucking problems how fucking awesome ....

Poweramp was working great until today when i got an automatic update. Now, there is no music in my playlist the playlist show up but no songs are in them. Some folders are missing. rebooted and got most folders went through and re filled my playlist and turned phone off. when it cam back on all was gone again. Razr Maxx Phone.

Why is the update not finding the original settings. Why cant it find all my folders or put any in songs in the playlist.

Same problem as MANY people - zero items in my playlists following docking with my computer.

I cannot belive that this is not your major concern deserving immediate attention! I see it has been months! I have paid for this app (not a great cost), BUT, it has so far cost me hours of time in repopulating my playlists. I will be moving on to another player and never coming back unless more urgency is given to a fix. Many users saying that they love PA, IMHO it is not good enough to overlook the playlist deficiency.

When will it be corrected?

HTC One X

ICS

Hi

I have the trial version of power amp and running jellybean 4.1.1 on an Acer a210 tablet.

I connected a HDD via the USB connector to allow me to access my complete collection of music.

So far I have put on around 30000 files on there but power amp is not properly indexing the files when it scans. There seems to be a limit around 25000 files to b indexed correctly, but approx 5000 of the are failing to index. I can view them as folder items and play them OK and the correct tags appear, but when I browse by artist for example or album or search for artists etc, the files are no longer recognized, or are as unknown artist or unknown album. Is this a known problem? I have tried player pro also but this fails to even recognize more than 23000 files. Is it an android problem??

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

There are (almost) no limitation on database size, which is used by Poweramp, though, I can guess, there can be internal memory limitation, but it's visible (device complains about no space on storage). We actually test Poweramp only with flash storages, max. tested #of songs ~10k (64gb sd card + internal memory on Asus transformer), it takes few minutes to scan, but all songs should be scanned, if they can be accessed (read permission) by Poweramp.

Do you get any kind of Poweramp crash/errors during scan? It looks like it crashes somewhere in the middle, stopping in the middle of scan process.

Thanks!

There are (almost) no limitation on database size, which is used by Poweramp, though, I can guess, there can be internal memory limitation, but it's visible (device complains about no space on storage). We actually test Poweramp only with flash storages, max. tested #of songs ~10k (64gb sd card + internal memory on Asus transformer), it takes few minutes to scan, but all songs should be scanned, if they can be accessed (read permission) by Poweramp.

Do you get any kind of Poweramp crash/errors during scan? It looks like it crashes somewhere in the middle, stopping in the middle of scan process.

Thanks!

Seems to be behaving now! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been having a strange problem on my Galaxy S2 with this app, every time my headphone jack rubs against something (like my pocket) the app reads this as me wanting to change tracks or change the volume. I though this could be some strange in-line control thing and turned that off, but it still seems to be happened. Any advice?

Thanks,

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

I have a strange issue with the library. Several albums (only 2 of which I've identified- Outkast's Aquemini and Atliens) always disappear some time after a scan, even while a song from said album is playing. It's always the same albums. A re-scan finds them but then they just disappear again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a strange issue with the library. Several albums (only 2 of which I've identified- Outkast's Aquemini and Atliens) always disappear some time after a scan, even while a song from said album is playing. It's always the same albums. A re-scan finds them but then they just disappear again.

Try to force Poweramp not to scan via Settings => Folders and Library => Folders/Library Scanner => (uncheck) all or few * scan options.

Any updates yet on the widget bug where the album art keeps disappearing? This bug has been around for what seems like forever...In my case the widget can show the album art while the song is playing, but once I stop the player, a few moments later the album art is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Since Verizon pushed out an over-the-air Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich update over the weekend, I have noticed that Poweramp has gotten a bit wonky.

For example, when the player gets to the end of an album/playlist, or even when the screen times out and goes dark, the 'play' radio button in the lower left corner no longer illuminates, and therefore I cannot play another song. I am also unable to access the 'Folders/Lib' radio button from the menu as a work around.

Basically, Poweramp goes dead in the water, and in order to use it again I need to re-boot my phone (HTC Thunderbolt). Please advise, I am using the latest version of the app.

Thank you!

Allen~

Chicago, IL, USA

Hello,

I bought the Poweramp from Play Market and I think this is the beautiful program. But I have some trouble with using it. From time to time the program checks activation and requires the internet connection fot it. But I don't have internet connection on my smartphone all the time. And it is a bad surprise for me when I want to hear the music, turn on Poweramp, but it don't play becouse it can't check the activation. So I can't hear the music for some period of time (up to few days) till I find the internet connection.

Why do the Poweramp permamently check the activaion? Maybe it's a necessary feachure of this program and it can't be changed? If it is, is it possible to do something another for solving this problem? Maybe is it possible to change the program so that it gives to user a few days of trial period if checking activation is fail.

Another way - is giving a several days for checking activation, and when the Poweramp writes a warning message to a user for a few days to checking activation.

I hope you can help me with my problem.

Thank you.

PS. Sorry if my english isn't good - it is not my native language.

Hello,

I bought the Poweramp from Play Market and I think this is the beautiful program. But I have some trouble with using it. From time to time the program checks activation and requires the internet connection fot it. But I don't have internet connection on my smartphone all the time. And it is a bad surprise for me when I want to hear the music, turn on Poweramp, but it don't play becouse it can't check the activation. So I can't hear the music for some period of time (up to few days) till I find the internet connection.

Please check this post:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Magadaner,

I've got a question, there's a bug related to the scrolling bar which seems to be very jumpy during scrolling. It flickers around for no obvious reason, I reinstalled the app several times but it seems the problem just came with it (didn't change anything in settings, opened Poweramp first time - bang the problem was already there). There are quite some people reporting the problem, and it's very annoying. Would you please do something about it? I purchased the app and everything works fine except this :(

sweetsour

(Running Galaxy Note, Jelly Bean)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I am helping I can get some help with a problem I'm having with Poweramp. I am running Android 4.1.1 on a Droid Razr Max HD. My Problem is that when I am playing mp3's they will often "skip" while playing, almost like if you were trying to listen to a scratched CD. Occasionally it will also make a high pitched screeching sound that is horrible if listening to music at a high volume. I also have the lockscreen feature enabled and noticed that when I lock or unlock the phone it will cause the song to skip. I am hoping this is a simple fix because I love Poweramp to death and would hate to have to revert back to google play especially after buying the app....

Some other info: -Most likely not the phone as I just had the device replaced due to a seperate issue.

-Probably not the mp3's as I rip them myself from album at 320 Kb/s. They also play fine on my old ipod.

-Haven't noticed the issue with google play music so I'm thinking it has to be a software thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Justin

Hello I am helping I can get some help with a problem I'm having with Poweramp. I am running Android 4.1.1 on a Droid Razr Max HD. My Problem is that when I am playing mp3's they will often "skip" while playing, almost like if you were trying to listen to a scratched CD.

Please try to set high priority in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Audio=>Advanced Tweaks=>Audio Thread Priority

Hello,

Is there a way to force the notification controls to be always expanded?

I have big fingers and clicking the controls is a pain. The app also randomly closes if it wants to display the expanded notification or the compact one.

Thank you.

Archived