Ehm.. i just download this Poweramp from playstore and wanted to try for the first time. So i download the trial mode, but everytime i try to open the power amp it always close after showing some Poweramp logo at the beginning and send me back to the app drawer. What is wrong?

I use 4.2.2 JB with HTC Sensation XE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehm.. i just download this Poweramp from playstore and wanted to try for the first time. So i download the trial mode, but everytime i try to open the power amp it always close after showing some Poweramp logo at the beginning and send me back to the app drawer. What is wrong?

I use 4.2.2 JB with HTC Sensation XE

You may try to download Poweramp Trial from here: http://powerampapp.c...nload-poweramp/

Please uninstall Play Market Poweramp Trial first.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,I purchase this Poweramp just an hour ago .But I find this Poweramp can no support cue files well.Some cue files can not be shown.What should I do?Is this issue caused by the file or this Poweramp?Waiting for your reply.

Greetings,I purchase this Poweramp just an hour ago .But I find this Poweramp can no support cue files well.Some cue files can not be shown.What should I do?Is this issue caused by the file or this Poweramp?Waiting for your reply.

In Poweramp menu: Settings=>Folders and Library=>Folders/Library Scaner=>Parse CUE files (make sure it is checked), then do Full Rescan in Folders and Library menu. Also you may want to make sure that all your desired folders are checked in Music Folders option.

Poweramp shows the same album art no matter which song it plays from the same music folder.Can you give me some advise to cope with this preblem?

Unless you have some art embedded in the track itself, I think that's what is meant to happen. All tracks in a given album (or folder, if that's the mode you are using) use the same art image. There are some options in Settings > Album Art to configure how it prioritises downloaded art.

Andre

Unless you have some art embedded in the track itself, I think that's what is meant to happen. All tracks in a given album (or folder, if that's the mode you are using) use the same art image. There are some options in Settings > Album Art to configure how it prioritises downloaded art.

Andre

Yes,I put all tracks and several art images in one folder,but these tracks are WAV files and have been removed their tags.What's more,the funtion of "automatically search and download missing album art" has been shut down and none of the art images are named "cover" or "albumart".Is it suppose to just show one particular art image no matter which track Poweramp plays from the same music folder??

A folder has only one image file associated with it as far as I know, so if you place each album's tracks into their own folder, then each album would have its own art.

I don't know whether WAV files can store cover art or not - any particular reason you are using that format as it is a completely uncompressed storage format and wastes a huge amount of space. At least use FLAC if you want lossless quality - although to be honest, I can't hear the difference between a decent bitrate MP3 files and WAV/FLAC anyway, especially on a phone or tablet which hardly have audiophile DACs on board.

Andre

A folder has only one image file associated with it as far as I know, so if you place each album's tracks into their own folder, then each album would have its own art.

I don't know whether WAV files can store cover art or not - any particular reason you are using that format as it is a completely uncompressed storage format and wastes a huge amount of space. At least use FLAC if you want lossless quality - although to be honest, I can't hear the difference between a decent bitrate MP3 files and WAV/FLAC anyway, especially on a phone or tablet which hardly have audiophile DACs on board.

Andre

It's sad to see that.But maybe it's just an illusion that seeing art image changes!

I can confirm to tell you that WAV files can not store cover art but FLAC/APE can.I don't think choosing WAV format will waste space of my phone,I have about 11 GB music file and 10 GB unused space on phone,which is still not fully utilized.It's ture that big difference between MP3 and lossless music flies can hardly be heard on a phone or tablet,but it make difference when you go home and connect your phone to music system(especially a good one)!

I hope in the near future,Poweramp will work like my "illusion" and be able to read lyric files locally and show them synchronously!

• 2 weeks later...

how do i get poweramp to play only songs...ryt now its playing both videos and songs when i click play all songs.

You need to choose folders you want to play in Poweramp menu: Settings=>Folders and Library=>Music Folders and here you may choose folders with music only.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello , i have formated my phone i downloaded power amp again and my liesnce gone 

please talk with in skype "***" 

i buyed power amp via paypal

please sent the lisence to my email

i dont remmber that adress

its 

S***@gmail.com

or 

D***@gmail.com

tnx

I was just wondering if the devs are aware of the issue with the 4x2 widget taking up a space of 4x3 on certain devices? I reported the problem using the Google docs form but I just thought I'd ask here if there is a fix for this issue that I might not be aware of?

I have an HTC One and I'm getting skipping.  It is very sporadic; sometimes it will happen 4 times during a song, other times i'll go 4 songs without skipping.  I have set the Audio Buffer Size to Huge (+750ms) and the Audio Thread Priority to Highest.  I doubt CPU memory is the issue since the One has a quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, but I also tried shutting down as many other processes as I could. These attempts did not resolve the issue at all.  Please advise.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Ok - I'll try here since I got no response to the support form I logged last week.

Will Poweramp be updated for Android 4.3 any time soon? Poweramp is my favourite player, but under 4.3 it will stop about 5 seconds after the screen goes dark and the WAKELOCK setting makes no difference.

I know 4.3 is fresh, just wondering.....

Mark

Hi I get an error at the end of installing and running Poweramp "Sorry, but Poweramp could not load any native library. This can happen if the installation is broken / incomplete or if your version of android device is not fully supported. Please , try reinstalling Poweramp (main application-evaluation). "I tried several times and nothing .... before Poweramp full but I had to format the phone and play now I get it .... please help .....

-------> sorry for my bad English  :)

I just bought a 64gb micro sd card and after syncing all my music was said to have synced successfully but only a third of my music is being scanned into the library. It seems all the music is there in the folder library but not in the Poweramp library. what can i do to fix this!!! its starting to become upsetting. also the IDE tags havent been showing up on the songs that are scanned in. ive never had a problem with this before either. 

I have an HTC One and I'm getting skipping.  It is very sporadic; sometimes it will happen 4 times during a song, other times i'll go 4 songs without skipping.  I have set the Audio Buffer Size to Huge (+750ms) and the Audio Thread Priority to Highest.  I doubt CPU memory is the issue since the One has a quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM, but I also tried shutting down as many other processes as I could. These attempts did not resolve the issue at all.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Please disable Direct Volume Control in Poweramp Settings => Audio => Advanced Tweaks, see how it works for you.

I just bought a 64gb micro sd card and after syncing all my music was said to have synced successfully but only a third of my music is being scanned into the library. It seems all the music is there in the folder library but not in the poweramp library. what can i do to fix this!!! its starting to become upsetting. also the IDE tags havent been showing up on the songs that are scanned in. ive never had a problem with this before either. 

please ensure you have exactly your music folders selected in Poweramp Settings / Folders and Library / Music Folders

or try to do the "Full Rescan" (not just "Rescan") in Poweramp Settings / Folders and Library (last item) - just once.

please ensure you have exactly your music folders selected in Poweramp Settings / Folders and Library / Music Folders

or try to do the "Full Rescan" (not just "Rescan") in Poweramp Settings / Folders and Library (last item) - just once.

done all of that and it didnt fix it. when i put the music on my 32gb card it reads it all just fine but it has a problem reading all the same songs off the 64

Archived