Hello, I'm here to mention another feature that you may have missed or that you think is very important to take into mind. Well, in the device assignment, I have found that it might be more useful if songs or entire folders or albums or artists had an equalization assignment on each different device, I mean that it was configurable. Why? Because there are songs that are heard much lower than others and they must have a different equalization on each different device. I would love that, maybe it will be solved putting a volume regulator, maybe or better would be to do this.

That would require additive equalization, which PA does not currently offer, partly due to the possibility of too much overall boost being applied which could cause distortion.

However I agree that there are instances where you may wish to continue to apply a carefully-created equalisation profile to compensate for limitations/variances of a particular output device (an AutoEQ setting for example) but also apply a different type of audio profile for a particular piece of music or album (perhaps you feel that an album has been mastered without enough bass, or too much bass).

There is already a Limiter available in PA's equalizer system by the way, which would prevent distortion by lowering the volume when the EQ profile is in danger of boosting the level beyond digital maximum, but that can generate an unsettling dipping of volume during some heavy passages of music.

Andre

4 hours ago, lea1595 said:

Because there are songs that are heard much lower than others and they must have a different equalization on each different device. I would love that, maybe it will be solved putting a volume regulator, maybe or better would be to do this.

Poweramp already supports Replaygain, which is specifically designed to keep audio files more closely matched by volume. There are both Album and Track level adjustments that can be applied.

This requires an external tool to set the expected levels. Software like Foobar or dbPoweramp can run through an entire library quickly.