It does not have a link to a Google account

lea1595

Hello, I am coming to propose a feature for the app, which is to link it directly to a Google or Drive account to save our settings or make a backup copy of the songs.  Because many times I have lost valuable application configuration since the application is very specific or detailed, that is precisely why this feature must be implemented.

You can export your settings to google drive if you have the drive application on your device, just go to Settings -> Export and export to a directory on your gdrive. What would be great would be scheduled backups, Poweramp would automatically make a export, as I always forget to make backups...

Backup of songs is something that in my opinion shouldn't bloat a music player. There are applications like FolderSync which is made for tasks like that, I recommend you to take a look at that.

While I agree that a timed automated background backup of Settings would be a great idea, there is a danger of larger files not getting completed before the app is closed, or impacting overall system performance. I would suggest that any such automated backup process should not allow image files to be included to keep the file handling quick and lean.

For automating the transfer of locally saved files/folders to online Google Drive/Dropbox/etc storage - or in my case, over my LAN to my home NAS - I use FolderSync which does everything I need of a sync package. I use it to transfer downloaded podcasts into subfolders of my Poweramp Music Folders, and to automatically backup photos and screenshots from my phone to my NAS.

Andre