Add support to show multiple disc with disc subtitle

Please add support for list of songs of an album to show songs under muliple disc category if there are multiple disc numbers.

current:

1 song1 (disc 1)

2 song2 (disc 1)

1 song3 (disc 2)

feature request example:

Disc 1: disc subtitle (if present)

1 song1

2 song2

Disc 2: disc subtitle (if present)

1 song1

2 song2

There are no subtitles for disc numbers in the tags that PA reads, but I agree it would still be nice to create break lines to separate between Disc#1, Disc#2, Disc#3, etc in any lists that are sorted By Disc#/Track#. There are a number of other sorting orders that would benefit from break separators too - such as any list sorted By Year could have the Year Number at a subheader between each block of songs, or a list sorted By Date Added or By Date Modified could have subheader breaks of "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", "Last Month", etc.

As this sort of thing has been requested a few times in the past, I'll add it to the Frequently Requested Features list.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

There are no subtitles for disc numbers in the tags that PA reads, but I agree it would still be nice to create break lines to separate between Disc#1, Disc#2, Disc#3, etc in any lists that are sorted By Disc#/Track#. There are a number of other sorting orders that would benefit from break separators too - such as any list sorted By Year could have the Year Number at a subheader between each block of songs, or a list sorted By Date Added or By Date Modified could have subheader breaks of "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", "Last Month", etc.

As this sort of thing has been requested a few times in the past, I'll add it to the Frequently Requested Features list.

Andre

That's great. Thank you for your time!

• 7 months later...

I support this request and would also like to add that Poweramp misrepresents the logical order of the discs. To explain:

For example, with 11 discs, the order is as follows:

1, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

The only workaround at the moment is to tag the single-digit disc numbers with a 0 in front of them, i.e. 01, 02, 03, etc.

I'm aware that collections with so many discs are very rare, but I've noticed the error and I think it could be fixed very easily.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I didn't know Disc# tags were being stored in the database as text, which is what would cause this issue as that sorting pattern is normal for ASCII text sorting. I assumed they were being sorted as integer numbers like Track tags are (leading zeros are not necessary in Track# tags).

I agree there aren't many real-world examples with more than nine discs in a set, but as you say a few such multi-disc collections do exist. Hopefully Max might be able to address this issue as part of the changes he's already making to Track# and Disc# handling:

A visual break-point within album listings when a new Disc# starts would be a nice idea too.

Andre