Poweramp builds 941-945

maxmp

It’s difficult to do ABX tests on here. But I did a few listening tests on the songs I know very well, and decided to go with the build-939. Gives me 24bit/48kHz processing, float32 DVC, I can use the DVC and equalizer, and the enhancers are also working. 
It sounded better too on the songs, but we know that could just be volume placebo. 
In the words of Tobey (in Need 4 speed), it’s good enough :)

Thanks guys

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tapori Gaming the audio/music effects (global firmware provided effects or apps like Poweramp Equalizer) usually do not work with hi-res outputs. Previously it could work as hi-res output stayed in standard definition on some rare firmware/devices, but the recent builds improve in this part, so you are getting hi-res but no effects. The point of hi-res (direct) output is to by pass as much Android processing as possible.
The standard definition outputs are way better fitted for global effects and you don’t loose anything vs previous builds.

1 hour ago, Mukul Kalsait said:

@andrewilley this happens in 944 it was working fine in 942 i downgraded to 942 and its working properly with my DAC fiio KA3 😁

it happens because of the beta testing version.

if you are not satisfied from the beta testing version then you can leave beta testing program.

downgrade is not a perfect solution for you, if you have playlists,settings saved in Poweramp then it will very risky for you next time.

Do not to forget to export settings in your storage next time.

Poweramp was design for a best quality music in Android Os at the highest peak power of sound.

Thanks.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:06 PM, andrewilley said:

Is this an issue specifically with this new build (944) and it worked before on a previous build, or it is a general issue?

Andre

Sorry I havent tried with the previous build. I was only surprised when i saw the feature after updating.

@metalmusic it was 48 khz 24 bit in previous builds as well for you, it wasn't visible though (as those firmwares change format after playback started). New Poweramp builds are able to detect that now. Hi-res is still available w/o DVC (No DVC option should be enabled, which is the default, so you switched it off). Do a Restore Defaults in hi-res output and start from there. Thanks!

On 9/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, Nick B said:

Hi @maxmp

I'm a Realme user,

I've noticed that the app refresh rate on the Realme Gt 2 Pro is not 120hz,

Could you please add/optimize it for this specific model?

Kind Regards

Nick

Same on OnePlus 9 Pro on OOS 13 (as well as earlier OS versions). It can be forced with some root mods so it forces all apps at fixed refresh rate, but that's far from ideal. Poweramp is one of the rare apps that don't go above 60Hz. Would be great if @maxmp can look into this 

@adsubzero Poweramp indeed works with the highest refresh rate on Samsungs, Pixels, and on OPs too, though, OnePlus previously had special custom undocumented code to enable higher fresh rates (as they obviously don't want 3rd party apps to run on higher refresh rates). If they changed that for Android 13, appropriate changes are required, but first, Android 13 should hit OP devices. Thanks for the request!

8 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@adsubzero Poweramp indeed works with the highest refresh rate on Samsungs, Pixels, and on OPs too, though, OnePlus previously had special custom undocumented code to enable higher fresh rates (as they obviously don't want 3rd party apps to run on higher refresh rates). If they changed that for Android 13, appropriate changes are required, but first, Android 13 should hit OP devices. Thanks for the request!

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah it seems that BBK phones are troublesome, and I had the same issue previously on a Realme X2 Pro. Also this other person has the issue on his Realme GT 2 Pro. I'm using Android 13 open beta at the moment, and considering that the same issue was present in all previous android versions on this phone, I doubt they will change something in the stable release. I would be glad to help if you decide to try and fix this issue and need someone to test it

On 9/28/2022 at 6:11 PM, maxmp said:

@metalmusic it was 48 khz 24 bit in previous builds as well for you, it wasn't visible though (as those firmwares change format after playback started). New Poweramp builds are able to detect that now. Hi-res is still available w/o DVC (No DVC option should be enabled, which is the default, so you switched it off). Do a Restore Defaults in hi-res output and start from there. Thanks!

944 Build with fresh install (default settings) . no DVC and still Hi-Res is downsampled at output stage. I tried every possible setting but 944 build has a bug about this. No Hi-res for my device on 944.

Also I have put the analog Hi-res 943 output results of a Hi-res audio file. It is Hi-Res .

jpeg.jpg

2.jpg

INPUT.jpg

output.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S10+ and 944 Build does not work HI-Res Output (96Hz and 24 bit)

939 Build: ok,working perfectly

Headset: creative sxfi trio USB-C

Please fix it. THX

944 Build 939 Build (96khz->48khz  fixed 48khz for all settings) :(

944 Build.jpg

939 Build (96khz->96khz)

939 Build.jpg

audio output specs.jpg

@Imre Nagy output is the same (as indicated in builds 944+), previous builds do not properly detect output settings in some cases, unfortunately. For Samsungs 493 just shows the rate set by user.

Samsungs support 96 khz only on LDAC. Usb/3.5 outputs support 48/192/384 khz rates only.

It's still hard to detect actual USB/3.5 output rate on Samsungs (as they have non standard custom audio engine, not the AOSP and do not expose actual rates), but 944+ builds detect that use case much better.

hello!  i assume this is related to the update--my volume has dropped!  i scoured my settings and changed what little i could find that seemed related, but i'm still running quiet.  i had just about convinced myself it was my imagination until a notification came in MUCH louder than the music.  it's happening with both bluetooth and wired headphones, both of which use hi-res output.

i'm running 944 on a Nokia 7.1 running Android 10.  i'm not sure what other info might be needed to troubleshoot, but here's my audio info:

Screenshot_20221006-055107.png

Screenshot_20221006-055123.png

Screenshot_20221006-055134.png

@Gryphoemia You already have a preamp boost and Tone/Bass boosts. Check to see if ReplayGain is enabled, as the main point of that is to match levels of all tracks - which if your tracks peak at 100% digital level will result in the volume being lowered to provide headroom for further processing.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@Gryphoemia You already have a preamp boost and Tone/Bass boosts. Check to see if ReplayGain is enabled, as the main point of that is to match levels of all tracks - which if your tracks peak at 100% digital level will result in the volume being lowered to provide headroom for further processing.

Andre

@Gryphoemia I was thinking the same thing as @andrewilley about Replaygain tags. If your files are using RG, check the Replaygain preamp under Settins>Audio>Replay Gain (RG). If you don't have RG, then look at the other option in that same menu for Preamp for songs without RG info. Either turn off RG, or at least make sure the gains are set to 0dB.

@MotleyG

@andrewilley

i checked that first--replaygain annoys me, so i keep it turned off.

the big thing for me is that this just started last night.  i got in my car and thought it sounded pretty quiet, but i was listening to a rip i hadn't listened to before, of an album i hadn't listened to in 20 years, so i thought nothing of it--until i get home, put on my headphones, and found myself continually turning things up a notch at a time until i was listening to things i've listened to frequently a little quieter than i prefer, and a notification almost knocked me out of my seat; then i realized how much i'd turned it up.  oh, and while the bass/treble boosts are part of my standard EQ, i added the preamp while i was trying to fix it; i usually don't use preamp.