Poweramp builds 941-945

maxmp

@maxmp @adsubzero I've found an app called SmartHerz, that forces apps to 120hz, there's a root and non root version. Installing it via the playstore it's the root one, search it on google for the other version.

There's a tricky setting when installing it it will ask you to remove battery optimization to the app, to do that since it is made for an older version of android, you will have to allow background activity. 

I Hope this helps for others with this issue.  Screenshot_2022-10-06-15-56-15-40_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.thumb.jpg.0ee66fa303541e6e6a176bf810e72226.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22:04:54.959 build-944-uni

Device: asus asus ASUS_Z01RD WW_Z01RD sdm845 "qcom" ASUS_Z01R_1 PPR1.180610.009.WW_user_90.11.162.111_20191008 release-keys [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

sdm845 is_snapdragon

reading /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf

has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000

AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24

has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT

FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24

FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER android_sdk=28

USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=28

>>>OK flags=0x854616600000000

FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24

FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32

FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM

FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB

FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS

FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC

FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER

FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT

FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K

INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

Hi @maxmp
,can you support my device for hi res? some sample rate don't work, only 44.1,48 and 192 only are working. I don't clearly remember earlier, different sample rate works fluently in my device but with lowered audio volume but bottomlime, it works. Thank you.

Edited by redlith

31 minutes ago, Gryphoemia said:

@MotleyG

@andrewilley

i checked that first--replaygain annoys me, so i keep it turned off.

the big thing for me is that this just started last night.  i got in my car and thought it sounded pretty quiet, but i was listening to a rip i hadn't listened to before, of an album i hadn't listened to in 20 years, so i thought nothing of it--until i get home, put on my headphones, and found myself continually turning things up a notch at a time until i was listening to things i've listened to frequently a little quieter than i prefer, and a notification almost knocked me out of my seat; then i realized how much i'd turned it up.  oh, and while the bass/treble boosts are part of my standard EQ, i added the preamp while i was trying to fix it; i usually don't use preamp.

The last thing I can suggest is to Restore Defaults in your Settings>Audio>Output to default, and start over from there. If an update that involved your device settings was recently done, this may need to be refreshed.

Hi @maxmp, I don't know what is happening, but, with this new update, the app isn't working well with my USB DAC and the Hi-Res output, the sound change, for bad, is like saturated or, with echo. 

I have a Hiby FC3. 

Now, looks like the Hi-Res output has "bit perfect", because of the volume control is just adjustable with the DAC controls and with the aux I can't change the volume, and is just too loud, is this at porpouse? 

Edited by Raul G.

@Anuvrat try Poweramp built 942 i use fiio KA3 and almost all the problems are solved with 942 

I also see that you set 24bit 192khz in hi-res but then in output section its 192->48 is happening 

Try cheaking Fiio control app for actual output section 

You can see in third ss the actual output is given 192khz in fiio control app 

That confoms true HI-RES also usb DAC show hires led when turned on. aslo sound is noticeably better in most cases 

Screenshot_2022-10-13-20-47-27-114_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-13-20-47-30-894_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-13-20-47-56-992_com.fiio.control.jpg

Edited by Mukul Kalsait
Update

@Mukul Kalsait  I think it's Pixel 6a(GOS) issue (942,943,944), with Fiio Control it shows 48khz and there isn't any option to change, but on other devices it's 192khz (and Poweramp + ka1 works fine too). But I still don't know how it works perfectly fine with Fiio's own music app(and shows 192khz on fiio control inside music app) on 6a but not with other apps. Anyway thanks

Edited by Anuvrat

@Anuvrat custom ROMs rarely support hi-res as authors often do not integrate Qualcomm/Aurora pathces and/or do not update configs appropriately. Though this is mostly true for the 3.5 output only (which is not issue for many Pixel models - as no 3.5 output for them). Stock pixel ROMs generally support hi-res on BT/USB, but depending on the device/firmware, supported sample rates/formats may be limited (e.g. Pixel 6 supports just 96khz). This is for the built-in USB Audio driver Poweramp uses for USB.

@maxmp  I just gave up on USB DAC for now and bought Fiio BTR5. It should work properly as tested by other grpahene OS users. Also in the same thread, someone tested Audioquest Dragonfly with 6a, so I guess it's just KA1-6a issue. Now all I can do is hope btr5 works with Bluetooth and would be more than pleased if it works wired or else I have to use Fiio's crap music app.

BTW thanks for the reply and have a nice day.

Same problem as old version here in my android box with android 10 .This is not make songs resume , even I do on library>store/restore per Track Progress .I am using here a 300GB hard drive sata with sata case.kindly help me coz I am listening my religion history and it is very difficult to note down where I pause file daily.

Hello, with the latest 945 build, my wired headset (4 pole plug with volume) only works with Poweramp when the screen is on. When screen is off, play/pause works about every third click, and volume control doesn't work at all. My device is a Sony Xperia 10 IV. With other apps like Podcast Addict the same controls always works wheter screen is on or off 

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this via the play store feedback already, but the Huawei Kirin 980 (P30 Pro) hires with the standard headphone is broken since b943. 

B942 detects as direct PCM 8.24 (this works) 

Since b943, it detects as Huawei HD (this will only go up to 48khz/16bit) no amount of fiddling with dvc options helps. 

At very least, could there be a way to switch the output variant for debug purposes? 

Best wishes 

Andy 

16 minutes ago, Olympusandy said:

B942 detects as direct PCM 8.24 (this works) 

It's possible (but not definite) that this is the same issue that Max wrote about a while back. On older builds of PA, high-res was reported as working because that's what Android was indicating - but in actual fact it wasn't and Android was subsequently converting it back down to standard definition. The detection and reporting code has been improved over the last few builds so should provide more accurate results as to what is really happening.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

It's possible (but not definite) that this is the same issue that Max wrote about a while back. On older builds of PA, high-res was reported as working because that's what Android was indicating - but in actual fact it wasn't and Android was subsequently converting it back down to standard definition. The detection and reporting code has been improved over the last few builds so should provide more accurate results as to what is really happening.

Andre

The indicator is the "Hires" icon shows on the bar at the top of the screen, as happens when the Huawei music app is used. So I think it is working, not just apparently working in PA and actually downsampling. 

10 minutes ago, Olympusandy said:

The indicator is the "Hires" icon shows on the bar at the top of the screen, as happens when the Huawei music app is used.

This status icon is likely linked to the app itself. What the device manufacturer considers "Hires" and what Poweramp does may not be the same. As @andrewilley has already advised, the detection used by Poweramp to confirm this has been improved in recent versions to ensure what is actually being output. But if you post the output log for your device the dev can confirm if it should be handling this for you.

One other thing to check - do you have all of your device's external audio processing turned off? Anything like Dolby Atmos or 3D spatial audio DSP will typically drop the output resolution to 24bit/48kHz.

20 hours ago, MotleyG said:

This status icon is likely linked to the app itself. What the device manufacturer considers "Hires" and what Poweramp does may not be the same. As @andrewilley has already advised, the detection used by Poweramp to confirm this has been improved in recent versions to ensure what is actually being output. But if you post the output log for your device the dev can confirm if it should be handling this for you.

One other thing to check - do you have all of your device's external audio processing turned off? Anything like Dolby Atmos or 3D spatial audio DSP will typically drop the output resolution to 24bit/48kHz.

This is with and without dolby atmos. I'll post the logs shortly