Bluetooth car system

Martin Niehaus

On 1/31/2022 at 8:25 AM, Martin Niehaus said:

When connecting to my car's sound system via Bluetooth initially for about 5sec the volume will fade in and out rapidly. I use android, and I predominantly play flac format. Is there a setting I need to change? 

Are you using a Galaxy 21 series phone?  because i had that happen to me with MP3's.  It was doing it from April to the present.  I got a replacement and it's a bit better but now it takes almost a minute to fully connect and play music only with the car stereo.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:03 AM, andrewilley said:

If you use DVC, check that your phone's Bluetooth Absolute Volume mode is disabled in Android Settings > Developer Options. Or just turn DVC off for Bluetooth output via PA Settings > Audio.

Andre

I forgot what the difference is DVC vs not using it.  Can you enlighten me?   In Poweramp settings,  I have "No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume" selected.  will that work or do I need to turn it off completely at the top of the screen saying "Enable Direct Volume Control"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, andrewilley said:

@hypomaniac-eric Turn off the Bluetooth Absolute Volume feature via Android Settings > Developer Options (usually on Samsung that means turning ON the slider marked "Disable Absolute Volume". Then you can safely turn DVC on within Poweramp.

Andre

I think i did that after i read your message.  the problem I'm still having is it takes over 30 seconds to play music on the car stereo.  the stereo says connecting for at least 30 seconds.  I'm several city blocks down the road by the time it plays music.  it's really annoying.  my previous phones would take 5-10 seconds at the most before the music starts.  

8 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I think i did that after i read your message.  the problem I'm still having is it takes over 30 seconds to play music on the car stereo.  the stereo says connecting for at least 30 seconds.  I'm several city blocks down the road by the time it plays music.  it's really annoying.  my previous phones would take 5-10 seconds at the most before the music starts.  

Does any other app connect and play faster than this? Try the native media player as this should have the best interaction with your phone. I can't think this is a PA specific issue if the BT connection itself takes that long. I would try to re-pair the BT connection as @andrewilley suggested. If that fails, I would have to think there is an issue with the device or it's OS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 8:21 AM, MotleyG said:

Does any other app connect and play faster than this? Try the native media player as this should have the best interaction with your phone. I can't think this is a PA specific issue if the BT connection itself takes that long. I would try to re-pair the BT connection as @andrewilley suggested. If that fails, I would have to think there is an issue with the device or it's OS.

I tried resetting the blue tooth.  no change.  i tried the AVRCP profile and no change.  And each time i try to repair the car it fails several times and takes 10 mins to get paired.  then whenever it connects I counted 30 seconds each time start the car  and the music plays for 3 seconds then blanks out for 5 seconds and then plays fine. 

I haven't tried other players yet since Poweramp is the default app. 

1 hour ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

And each time i try to repair the car it fails several times and takes 10 mins to get paired. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with Poweramp. But it does suggest something between your phone and car radio is not working as it should. Do you have any other device you can try pairing to this car to compare? Wife, kids, friend - anything just to try pairing? If the same happens the car radio is to blame. If not then your phone is not working optimally. 

5 hours ago, MotleyG said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with Poweramp. But it does suggest something between your phone and car radio is not working as it should. Do you have any other device you can try pairing to this car to compare? Wife, kids, friend - anything just to try pairing? If the same happens the car radio is to blame. If not then your phone is not working optimally. 

I never said it was a Poweramp issue.  I tried my Galaxy S9+ awhile back and the few times I tried it it was fine.  I will have to try again.  And i switched out the car stereo last September with the older one and the problem was still the same.   Can you tell me what the AVRCP profile  does?  I tried all the settings. 

I still am having problems.  still takes 30 seconds to connect and play music for 3 seconds then 5 seconds of nothing then it connects and it takes several minutes before i can use the pause button or other buttons on the stereo to control the music.    I've tried All the AVRCP profiles.  I even reset the bluetooth settings.   I don't know if there is a different setting to try on the stereo or the phone.  it is a 1 year old Pioneer stereo.  

• 5 weeks later...

update about 2 weeks ago i was on the phone for 2 hrs with tech support about my bluetooth issues on my phone and resetting the data and cache for the bluetooth service didn't help either.  My phone is still not connecting automatically to my car stereo most the time lately.  and still takes forever when it does connect.  takes exactly 40 secs.

On 4/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, hypomaniac-eric said:

update about 2 weeks ago i was on the phone for 2 hrs with tech support about my bluetooth issues on my phone and resetting the data and cache for the bluetooth service didn't help either.  My phone is still not connecting automatically to my car stereo most the time lately.  and still takes forever when it does connect.  takes exactly 40 secs.

What about connecting to other BT devices? Any improvements or the same? I've found car stereos the worst for BT connections. Have you got the latest firmware for your stereo?  Have you tried a factory reset (on the stereo) and/or a complete reset/delete of ALL BT devices on that radio? I had one stereo that, on power-on, checked each BT device it had been paired with in order. And it was slow about it (!!). So if my phone was 4th in the list then it would take a long time to connect and start playing.

I have now a 2015 Honda Jazz with a stereo that runs an altered/locked-down version of Android 4.(something). Depending on whether I press pause on the phone or stereo (for Poweramp) depends on whether music plays immediately the next time they connect or is still on pause - + loads of other issues. 

Basically, you may not get to the bottom of the issue you're concerned with and even if you know what causes the problem (if it is the stereo) getting it fixed will prove somewhat frustrating ....

On 4/9/2022 at 6:07 PM, dvhttn said:

What about connecting to other BT devices? Any improvements or the same? I've found car stereos the worst for BT connections. Have you got the latest firmware for your stereo?  Have you tried a factory reset (on the stereo) and/or a complete reset/delete of ALL BT devices on that radio? I had one stereo that, on power-on, checked each BT device it had been paired with in order. And it was slow about it (!!). So if my phone was 4th in the list then it would take a long time to connect and start playing.

I have now a 2015 Honda Jazz with a stereo that runs an altered/locked-down version of Android 4.(something). Depending on whether I press pause on the phone or stereo (for Poweramp) depends on whether music plays immediately the next time they connect or is still on pause - + loads of other issues. 

Basically, you may not get to the bottom of the issue you're concerned with and even if you know what causes the problem (if it is the stereo) getting it fixed will prove somewhat frustrating ....

I factory reset my stereo several times.   only had one device on the stereo.    There is no new firmware to download for my stereo as of September.  I just looked now and there is firmware updates from January.  bug fixes and bluetooth issues.    It's a Pioneer.  I would hate to spend a lot of money on a stereo and it not work right.  I gave up and bought a Bluetooth adapter to use use for it.  after a year of problems with it i am tired of playing with it.  the adapter connects and plays music in 3-4 seconds.

UPDATE:  I got the firmware updated on the stereo and so far in the last two days the phone connects every time and in 10 seconds instead of 40.   took them almost a year to update the stereo since i had it.  I had it a year from the beginning of April.

Edited by hypomaniac-eric
update