Folder structure with sub folders

tourist

Real folder structure

When using the folder view, all folders are shown, with all subfolders.

I use a lot of albums with two cd's. Each cd in one subfolder. For example: mainfolder: "album", subfolder: "cd1" and "cd2".

At the moment, in folder view, both subfolders are shown, named with their subfolder name "cd1" and "cd2".

This is irritating. It would make sense, if only the mainfolders are shown. The subfolders should only be shown, when tapping the mainfolder.

For example look at the mortplayer app, where this is working perfectly.

+1 for this. I was about to leave a comment about the same thing.

For example I have all my ministry of sound albums in subfolders and also a battlestar galactica folder with all the BSG albums in sub folders under that etc...

It's a great player.. will be sad to replace mort player if I do though..

Hi Dudes! =)

I came from MortPlayer to Poweramp (and I allready bought it). Well, it would be the PERFEKT Player. But without this feature, PA is absolutely useless for me as folder-user.

Also I can´t understand, why this is not a standard-feature, or why it can be so problematicly!

So: please please PLEASE, add this feature! Till then I will use the MortPlayer... :cry:

greez,

Soap

Right, there are many features which can be possible, not sure I can put ALL of them into PowerAMP.

MortPlayer got this feature on like 9th month of its existence (or even later).

Still, it's in the TODO (see announcement if interested).

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased the full version and it is pretty good, particularly the good support of flac. I agree with previous posts that sub-folders will be a nice feature to add. In my case, all my albums are already organized in a systematic way in various sub-folders. If the folder view can reflect the folder structure in the filesystem, that will be great. Current way of laying out all albums in one big list will be very inconvenient for large number of albums.

Could this be setable as an option please, as I'm very happy to have it the way it is. I have about five first-level folders (Podcasts, Film Music, Songs, Spoken Word, etc) then then sub-folders under those. I really like seeing all of my sub-folders in the one large scrollable list without constantly having to go up and down folder levels.

Andre

As most of the previous posters, I organize my music through folders.

It's probably underlying in why we all went with droid phones in the first place. I hate the idea of Apple telling me what/where/when I should store and use my files, they're MY files and I'm damn well going to organise them the way I want to! LOL

Just say no to iTunes. Or iAnything to be honest. :)

Andre

+1 on that, structured subfolders are a must for people who like to keep their media library organized in a more sophisticated way. Thanks in advance for adding this into a future version!

andrewilley actually has a very good point! .)

Petr

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived