Queue Only mode

w3wilkes

49 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

What would be perfect for me would be a Queue only mode so that all the default mode category stuff would be disabled.

And yet I rarely, if ever, use the Queue mode myself. I generally start playing an Album, or more accurately AlbumArtist>Album. Or if I am feeling more variety is required I start from Genre>(Whatever mood). Good thing we have options!😋

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, MotleyG said:

Good thing we have options!😋

I'm glad you have your options, it would be nice if we ALL had options. With a Queue only mode we would have the option for PA to work like about all other players work. To me the PA data base is why I stay. The data base is the most complete of any android type music player and compares somewhat well to Logitech's Media Server which for me is the gold standard for home stereo music systems.

53 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

I'm glad you have your options, it would be nice if we ALL had options. With a Queue only mode we would have the option for PA to work like about all other players work. To me the PA data base is why I stay. The data base is the most complete of any android type music player and compares somewhat well to Logitech's Media Server which for me is the gold standard for home stereo music systems.

But if you were to eliminate all of the other category modes as you suggested before, how could you possibly sort or drill into your library with any sense. If you only had a queue mode, there would be no order, and chaos would be the best one could describe things. The database would basically be useless in this case.

I wasn’t suggesting a queue mode wasn’t useful in any way. But having the other current options certainly allows one to manage to play a music library effectively. The suggested Queue would be a great addition, but not a limiting factor in Poweramp’s function. In my humble opinion of course.

19 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

But if you were to eliminate all of the other category modes as you suggested before, how could you possibly sort or drill into your library with any sense. If you only had a queue mode, there would be no order, and chaos would be the best one could describe things. The database would basically be useless in this case.

I wasn’t suggesting a queue mode wasn’t useful in any way. But having the other current options certainly allows one to manage to play a music library effectively. The suggested Queue would be a great addition, but not a limiting factor in Poweramp’s function. In my humble opinion of course.

I would not eliminate any of the current modes as I know there's several users thatgo that way. I'm just looking for a Queue only mode. In this mode the looking through the library would be the same. When something was selected that would be put into the Queue and when that item(s) was finished playback would stop just like it does now with the setting of "stay in Queue" on end. When someting was selected it would be added to the Queue. If the Queue was empty it would just be added, if there was something already in the Queue you would be prompted for "Play next" or "add to end".