live microphone and "use of gain"

I seek to use a microphone in the headphone jack, and plug in headphones to the Microphone.

In theory the app ought to be able to add Gain and Equalization...........

Have seen other apps that purport to do this, but they fail to. 

Maybe there is some sound level safety limitation imposed. 

Not quite sure what you are asking?

Are you suggesting some sort of headphone optimisation facility, where you place a microphone close to the earpiece of your headset so the frequency response curve of the headphones can be measured and analysed and specific EQ parameters created so as to produce a flatter response curve from the headphones?  

Andre

no

I seek to use a microphone, plugged into the Phone.  (got it already) 

It will have "gain" added to it, so it can be used with earphones, to get better sound, when watching a movie in a Theatre.

i.e. get the levels tweaked and working just right.

Then sit back and enjoy the movie, whilst listening via earphones. 

Either

Poweramp might seek to increase the microphone input,

Poweramp might seek to increase the headphone output

My guess is that gain on the microphone will be better. 

My guess is the headphone will have safety limits. 

Looking at Poweramp, it does not link up to Microphone, but only to Spotify and other apps. 

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

no

I seek to use a microphone, plugged into the Phone.  (got it already) 

It will have "gain" added to it, so it can be used with earphones, to get better sound, when watching a movie in a Theatre.

So to be clear, use a microphone external from the phone, then amplify this microphone back to headphones, also connected to the phone?

Not sure of any phones that have separate mic and headphone jacks, maybe your special mic has some kind of pass through connector?

But what is the purpose of Poweramp, a music player, in this use case?

Thanks for the replies

This is the microphone i refer to, but there are others.

https://www.rode.com/microphones/videomicme

[[[

in theory the manufacturer can program this to send into the phone and wait for a return from the phone

and theoretically if there is only power and no smart phone, the headphones might be connected to the microphone.

But that is - probably just over-thinking it.

The manufactures of the Microphone probably coded in priorities, and it will override and use the phone if it is present. 

Yet, I am confident this microphone will pick up equalised levels, if i can only find an app that will allow this kind of tweaking. 

]]]

Yes - the idea is to act as a "hearing aid"

It seems to be the case that , Poweramp is "almost there"

e.g. there could be a checkbox "allow live feed", and that could allow a channel to feeds in, rather than diverting "spotify" and other apps. 

Having said that,  the existing "gain" might be a 'code module' seeking to enhance the Headphones rather than the source channel.

So it might be that  Poweramp is not  is "almost there".

@John Lewis That microphone has nothing at all to do with "hearing aid" functions, it's just an improved quality videographer microphone. I use a Rode mike on top of my camcorder for example. The extra headphone socket on the back is just a passthrough, to allow you to hear the phone's audio output; it will do nothing stand-alone. 

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the functionality you are suggesting won't ever be coming to Poweramp though, which is a music player app. Sorry, but it's outside of PA's design functionality.

Andre

Archived