with Google Play installed.

I bought Years ago the Version 2 of Poweramp that workt fine and

tried several times over the last two Years to intsall the Version 3 with

the Unlocker for V3 from the Google Playstore. The last Version i tried

was the V 893 but with all the Versions of V3 i treid i get this Bug :

Deinstalatin v2 and Unlocker v2 - ok

Installation V3 und Unlocker V3 - ok

Installed Version 3 run and is aktivated. Licence check after 24 Hours is ok -

Device reports that licence is permanenty store on device.

Every think works fine until the Headunit does a rest (Headunits does this very often) - that means

the same as you turn of a Smartphone with Power off and restart it.

Now after starting Poweramp v3 it will conect with playstore the renew the aktivation.

But if the car is driving that is not possible because i live in a sektion in my Country thre are

very poor wife and Handy connection.

The strange thing is that with the old Version V2 it checks never after the one in the 24 hours

und if its reboots everything is aktivated.

I think it is a Problem with the Way the new aktivation Prozess in V3 is handeled .

I would really use the V3 on my car because its so much better than the V2 but this Error

(new aktivation after every reboot) it is absolutly not possible and i must return to V2.

Can you please help me out ? i read the ratings for the App on the Google Playstore and

find several Persons with the same Bug reporting there.

The think is that you have to do the aktivation like in v2 - it must be different in v3 because

V2 has no such Problems.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Licence re-validation should not be required on a simple power-cycle reboot. Once PA says the purchase is Verified and Stored on the device, it should not need to recheck online unless there is an update, firmware change, or device reset. Could be something to do with your custom ROM of course.

If the above does not help, please get in touch with Support, email poweramp.maxmpz (at) gmail.com.

Andre

Thanks for the quick repley,

i tried it with the standart Rom a well - the same Error.

You write "Device Reset" - i think that is point - perhaps the Reset of a Headunit differs sligtly from a standart Phone ?

The question is why the V2 does have not this Problem ?

Ok - i try too write this Issue to the Support

Thanks !

Hello Maxmp,

yes i know - the support team wrote me the same thing.

But :

Lets pretend while the deep sleep or Loop Reset of the Headunit clears the app Data -

what can i do ? Is there a way to overcome this issue ? And then not - why the Version 2

works  ? As i wrote befor - there must be a bug  that causes this because the old Version

has not such a Problem.

As the V3 is a complety new Program - is the License handling in Poweramp V2 and V3

different or the same ?

And as wrote earlier - on the Playstore under "Ratings" for the App there are

several People that have this Kind of Problem and the as the Answer from the Support

it is listetd always the standart Answer that i get from the Support.

Even on Smartphones like a Guy there during a Planeflight that his Version will

check for the License.

As you wrote : The License stays on the Device - that may be right but after a Deep Sleep -

loop reset Poweramp shows the Behavior that it will check for the license again.

That is a fact for this Device .

The Support Team wrote me this standart Answer :

Hello from Poweramp support team!
Poweramp v3 checks license during the first 24 hours after the purchase. The license is then permanently stored on the device.
No further online checks are needed, you can uninstall the Unlocker, be offline, etc.
You can check the license status in Poweramp settings / About (it will say: License is stored on the device).

This  may be so by a standart Smartphone but not for the common Headunit.

A friend has another Headunit with Android 6 from another Brand and he has the same Problem.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, resto said:

You write "Device Reset" - i think that is point - perhaps the Reset of a Headunit differs sligtly from a standart Phone ?

"Device Reset" in this context refers to a full Factory Reset (i.e. clear the entire device and start again from scratch) not just a routine power-cycle reboot.  

Andre

Hallo andrewilley,

i know - as i wrote, i dont now how Headunit handle apps after deep sleep.  this is not part of a installed rom -

it is "in the Bios" of the Headunit.

The Question is still - that is the difference between the Aktivation Process,storing the aktivation File und

handeling after reboot or something - as it seems to afect some Smartfons either.

It must be a difference there between V2 and V3 that causes the Problem.

If it is not so - why the V2 is working without the Problem ? And as its seems the other

People in Playstore reporting this issue has the same Situation - v2 dont checks after 24h again

but the V3 does this (that reason ever) even then the Reg File is stored on some Devices.

A solution can be a Version of V3 that has no check at all - or the same handeling as in V2.

As i wrote - i know that a copy protection is nessesary but for Customers that have paid and

have this kind of Problem could be helped with this.

e.g. This "unprotected" Version is only given to ones with this problem under trust that they dont

give it too other People or could be inprinted with a special Code that contains the Name of the

person that is given that Version to be sure it is not given away (like the Mp3 Files of Music that

can be buyed on Amazon for download).

I think that is a good Idea - that you say to this ?

I hope he will make this option possible.

if its not a routine thing why does the V2 work without any problems ?

All other apps on this Headunit (even the newest) run without any problems this kind.

And as i said another people have this problem too.

if he will agree too such a "special" Version he will make a lot of customers happy

and instead of given as support that standard answer (V3 checks during 24 h. and never

again) he can give this version out for this people to try it out.

And another thing - i think this kind of version may be existing already (the developer

sure has a version that dont need aktivation) and in that case it costs no work to do

programming.

14 minutes ago, resto said:

if its not a routine thing why does the V2 work without any problems ?

It was built many years ago, so I presume it uses obsolete Android SDK libraries that you can't use for modern software releases. Google does allow obsolete apps to continue to be available "as is", but you can't release new ones like that.

The new licence system is generally more robust, and for most devices creates a lot less licence-validation issues than v2 used to. Car head units can be a law unto themselves though, as they often don't allow enough time to shut the system down cleanly when you turn the ignition off.

Andre

@resto Headunit deep sleep doesn't clear app data - at least it shouldn't.

As soon as you get "Device reports that licence is permanently stored on device" Poweramp v3 doesn't check license, until:
- you clear Poweramp data (or clean-reinstall Poweramp)
- your device is completely reset or otherwise is regenerating various IDs, such as ANDROID_ID, manufacturer, brand and model (I don't think this is an usual scenario)

To get "License permanently" status you need to start Poweramp once more in 24+ hours after the purchase. So there are two checks in total:
- when you (re)installed Unlocker and started Poweramp
- when you start Poweramp next time in 24+hours. This is due to the refund possible in first 24 hours. No more checks and Internet connection are needed  
The second check may never happen successfully if you don't start Poweramp after the first 24 hours with the Internet enabled.

This is for Poweramp v3 Play purchase. Poweramp v2 may occasionally recheck the license (there is a one year interval).

Also, website license is checked once right when you press Restore Purchase (as there are no refunds).

The Poweramp license checking is very relaxed and forgiving and in part violates Google recommendations, such as checking the license every 48 hours or at the time Google mandates (they can dynamically change that, at this moment it's 48hours).

@ andrewilley

That can be a thing and i dont know what kind of code they use in this China Headunits ...

@ maxmp

Then i install both V3 and the unlocker and let the system check it online and turn Poweramp on within

24 hours it says so - thats right - that routine that you discribe is exectly that i did - i tried even with the

Headunit bulit out of the car and set it up over to a 12 Power supply and let it on for 48 hours with

Internet on over my home W-lan. It stores it and if i built the unit in the Car again it works.

BUT - if i let the Headunit in the car ca. 3-4 days turned off it will check again - you can belive me -

i tried everything and non will work.

I can say - the only two solutions that i can think off is a version without any check or

get back to V2 ...

sorry ...

Because it behave like the non rigistred free Version (dont remember last song etc.) under info

it shows license check faild (after 3 or more days with the Headunit turned off - on the first and second

day the license is present and it shows the " no checks needed - permanently store" as you says.

You can belive me - the Headunit have a problem with the app activation prozess - i do nothing wrong.

All Installation and checking the license is right - it is the activation, storing it on the device or

something other in the App V3 itself that confuses the Headunit so it will not use or delete the stored

aktivation.

Today i reinstalled the whole headunit with the malaysk rom and the other Apps and reinstalled V2

because i want at last hear music without any trouble.

@resto free (trial) version does remember last song. In your case it seems Poweramp is unable to persist its data, for example, due to the broken filesystem permissions (most probably) or data is removed by other "cleaning" app (less probably, but possible). The both issues should affect other apps as well. Anyway, this is somewhat out of Poweramp app scope - can't be fixed or worked around in anyway by the app.

15 hours ago, resto said:

Because it behave like the non rigistred free Version (dont remember last song etc.)

The Trial version is exactly the same in all operational ways and supports all features. It is however time-limited, and will cease working completely after trial period.

The fact that it sometimes does not remember the last song is a result of the issue I mentioned earlier, which is that some car head units don't provide enough time to shut the Android system down cleanly (and thus let apps save their status tidily) when you turn the ignition off, they just cut the power (rather like simply pulling the battery out of a phone).

Andre

@maxmp

Ok - i give up - i use now the V2 Version in my car but i must say that none of the other 23 Apps have Problems

with that device and there be things like tourqe pro etc. that also store license Information as well.

i hoped that there be the oportunity to test it with a full Version that have no check to test.

Now i will install the Trial Version on the Device my friend have and he can look how it behave in the

next 5 Days.

@andrewilley:

That you say make sence but i shout the Headunit down by pressing the Powerbutton on the

Headunit and have set a Shoutdowntime of 20 seconds not by cutting

off the power using the Ignition key (Headunit is permanetly connected to +12 because i will hear

music even with no Turned on ignition key - its a Diesel and then the Glowplugs would go on every time

causing powerwasting).

Also : 12v Ignition is connected to 12 v permanet, and power for memory is also connected to 12 v permanently

like in the Cars of the 80 years.

1 hour ago, resto said:

i hoped that there be the oportunity to test it with a full Version that have no check to test.

You can use v3 in Trial mode for several weeks without even installing the unlocker. The unlocker simply allows you to use the app beyond the trial period, it makes no difference whatsoever to functionality or features.

You say there is a 20 second delay after turning off the ignition before cutting off the headunit power - but then you say it is connected to 12v permanently? Those seem to contradict each other.

Whatever though, it does seem that your device is not allowing the app to save its state correctly when you leave the car.

Andre

3 hours ago, resto said:

@maxmp

...Headunit and have set a Shoutdowntime of 20 seconds not by cuttingo off the power using the Ignition key (Headunit is permanently connected to +12 because i will hear music even with no Turned on ignition key...

Perhaps this is a storage access problem instead? If Poweramp isn't able to update the storage of things like settings, current track, and the license,it sounds like things aren't being saved at all.

@andrewilley

i wrote :

Also : 12v Ignition is connected to 12 v permanet, and power for memory is also connected to 12 v permanently

like in the Cars of the 80 years

That means : this is the wiring diagram - its this setup that allow to manually turn the Headunit on / off without

the Ignition Key - the normal setting is (label on wire from headunit Ignition to car igniton, and memory 12 v to permanent 12v)

I set it up : label on wire from headunit Ignition to permanent 12v, and memory 12 v to permanent 12v

I forgot in the earlyer post to add the line - "label on wire from headunit"  - sorry ...

In this setup you can not cut the power with the ignition key - you can only turn of the Headunit by pressing the

On/off button on the Headunit.

And after pressing this On/off button the shutdowndelay of 20sec. is set.

Ok - if the V3 Trail is the same as the Full V3 it will not behave different after Installation.

The V3 was installed on the intern Memory of the Headunit, on the Sd card is only the Nav Software Igo und the

Musicfiles are an an Usbstick.

V2 and V3 are both recognize the Musicfiles on the Stick without any Problems.

Is this a device that you've fitted yourself, or a factory-fit in the car?

It sounds like the way you have it it wired, the car-ignition toggled wire is not connected to the unit at all, and you have connected both the unit's permanent 12V AND the ignition 12V terminals to the same (permanent) 12V wire, yes? So it is effectively never powered down and you can listen to it without having the key in the car at all, when everything else is off?

If this is the case, then it's the Power button on the head-unit that is not allowing a clean enough shutdown.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Is this a device that you've fitted yourself, or a factory-fit in the car?

It sounds like the way you have it it wired, the car-ignition toggled wire is not connected to the unit at all, and you have connected both the unit's permanent 12V AND the ignition 12V terminals to the same (permanent) 12V wire, yes? So it is effectively never powered down and you can listen to it without having the key in the car at all, when everything else is off?

If this is the case, then it's the Power button on the head-unit that is not allowing a clean enough shutdown.

Andre

@resto I agree with @andrewilley with this. In many cases in car audio head units, it is removing +12V from the keyed accessory line that initiates a shut-down process (usually a red wire). The constant battery line (you mention permanent/memory) is what allows the system to actively maintain the shutdown, so it is important to make sure that always has power (typically yellow). The power button simply turns the display and output section off in newer systems, but it will stay actively ready to turn back on with another press. Only removing the power from the accessory will start the shut-down sequence on these units.

BTW - even in most diesel vehicles, there is a switched key position to allow for accessory use that does not engage your ignition/glow plugs/etc. If you want to confirm this, and don't have access to a key switched line, you can use any standard inline switch to test and confirm. Be sure to keep the constant power line connected to +12V though.

@andrewilleyand MotleyG

Yes i install the Headunit by myself. I work on a car repairshop and do this very often.

This car is a Fiat Bravo MK2 from 2008 and the electronic in this car is like in most italien

cars very sensitiv so i must wired it by bypassing the Cars useuall Car stereo wiring prozess

because otherwise the Obd 2 System shows many Errors.

You are right - the Car headunit gets everytime power on both 12+ Cables

, but this Headunit does the follwing by pressing

the Powerbutton :

It shut down like a Smartphone if you power it compleytly of. You can select over the Setting Menü

in this Device how long the shutdowntime shout be to secure close all apps.

The standart Time is 8 Seconds - i set it on 20 sec. to make shure that all is secure.

II can asure you that not only the Screen is out - its not a bug its a feature.

I

And another Thing - By my friend who has a similar Headunit that he as bulit in from a other carshop

(Golf 6) its wired the normal way (powerdown if Ignition Key is removed) its the same Problem

with V3 of Poweramp.

By the Way - why others user with smartphones also have this problem with v3 ? Its not

only a problem with Headunits.

eg. A guy on Playstore reportet he has the Problem if he flys by Plane and the V3 needs

Internet to verify ?

And as i wrote befor - if its a Hardwareproblem or a wiring or shutdown issue why does V2

work ? Its store the license an keep it and it never give me any Problems ? And why every single other

app work without problems and store and keep her data ?

A Software or Codeproblem ok - but 100 % not a Hardware Problem.

By the Way - in this "spezial" Fiat Bravo there is no position there the car have Main power without

the Glowplugs.

An Update :

i installed the V3 Free Trail version on the Headunit my friend have an Monday this week, he reported

me yesterday that its work fine without any issues.

I will deinstall it today and install the fullversion with the unlocker V3 to check how it will work over the

period of 3 days.

After that i will post here that he will report me.

For me - i will use V2 untill he tells me that it will work on his car now - if its not working we both stay

with V2 or look for another good Android Musicplayer.

Archived