Home screen shortcut to play indicated folders, albums etc.

B1-66ER

Could this tie in with the Favourites idea we discussed in another thread? Could the proposed long-press option for adding various items (folders, albums, songs, etc) to a 'Favourites' category also offer a 'Create Homescreen Shortcut' option via the same menu? The current 'Playlist' shortcut could then just be one case of a more general long-press option.

Andre

@andrewilley

Yes, a place to collect all things together is more elegant. Perhaps advanced dynamic playlist can store filters, easy to maintain, backup and organize. I can imaging a nested playlist belong to a root playlist, maybe can be expended like a tree view, just like Windows Explore can expand zip file(which mapped a child playlist here) from the left tree view panel.

Also the legacy system shortcut method is more universal supported compare to send to home screen in app via the new way system provided, the new method is hard to insert to a chain actions or automation, gesture/pie launcher, shortcut manager etc, and can basically be only access by default launcher, hard to backup, lost once disable app.

image.thumb.png.f909a129db3fd2429e7e9e4105ae804f.png

On 2/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, andrewilley said:

Could this tie in with the Favourites idea we discussed in another thread? Could the proposed long-press option for adding various items (folders, albums, songs, etc) to a 'Favourites' category also offer a 'Create Homescreen Shortcut' option via the same menu? The current 'Playlist' shortcut could then just be one case of a more general long-press option.

Andre

I didn't see this discussion, but would this jump to a category called Favorites where you see items you long pressed and were populated here as a new Artist or Album category? I ask because I suggested a similar category years back, where you have groups of favorite artists that you could custom name. So if you went to favorites, you would see your Favorites 1, Favorites 2, etc, etc and then a list of Artists within each that you could browse/sort.

I would love to have the ability to shortcut these on the home screen.

Shortcutting a Playlist with dozens of albums as a flat list is kind of "1990's" and I don't think this is even possible to tier Artists or Albums in smart playlists. Being able to shortcut a group of Favorite artists or albums and have tiers with sorting options would be great. It could be accomplished somewhat in Genre if you had the ability to shortcut specific Genres on the Home Screen, but not as easy as being able to generate these lists in Poweramp without tag modification.

4 hours ago, Absinthequ said:

I didn't see this discussion, but would this jump to a category called Favorites where you see items you long pressed and were populated here as a new Artist or Album category?

That was the general idea, yes. So the request was for any item you wish (song, folder, album, playlist, whatever) you could long-press on it and one of the pop-up options would be to a new 'Favourites' category. So your Favourites list could contain a few songs, some folders (or subfolders) you regularly use, a few Albums, an Artist, etc.

Andre

Archived