Can't Cast directly through Poweramp

Osiris

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to an LGv60 from a v40. Ever since I got the new phone I can't Cast audio directly from Poweramp to any of my home speakers. I can cast all other apps and if I cast all of my phone's audio through Google home I can then play music from Poweramp and it works- but it's extremely unstable. What's also strange is that it does randomly work directly from Poweramp at times though there doesn't seem to be any pattern or explanation as to why it works sometimes and not other times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see the Chromecast option in PA but it cannot be selected, or do you not see the speaker name at all? Try going into Settings > Audio > Output > Chromecast and increase the buffer size and/or reduce the sample rate/format to 44.1kHz / 16-bit. Does the intermittent playback only happen when your device's screen has turned off, in which case it might be worth checking that there is no battery optimisation going on. 

This thread may help too:

Andre

Hi Andre - thanks for your reply.

I can see the speakers in PA and when I select one and hit play the speaker makes the sound indicating that my phone has connected. However, when I hit play in PA no sound comes out. It looks like the song advances less than one second and then goes back to where it started. I have tried adjusting the sample rate/ format and buffer size with no change. 

@maxmp might be able to shed some more light on this, but in the meantime please could you post the info from long-pressing on the metadata line at the bottom of the player screen, while you are trying to Cast - especially the final few lines.

If PA keeps resetting its own playback position to the start of the track, a log might help too (Settings > Get Support > Send Log > email to gpmaxmpz @ gmail . com ) 

Andre

Thanks, Andre. Please see the screenshots attached. Also, it doesn't start the track from the beginning but let say's the track is 2 minutes and 17 seconds in when I cast - the wav form on the bottom of the player screen looks like it advances about 1 second but then it repeatedly returns to 2 mins and 17 seconds. The actual track time does not change from 2 mins and 17 seconds. I hope that makes sense. I will also send a log now. 

Screenshot_20210119-093219.png

Screenshot_20210119-093206.png

One thing I noticed today is that if I disconnect then reconnect to wifi casting works normally and stablely through Poweramp for some time. However, for some reason it will eventually go back to connecting to the speakers but not playing any music like I described above until I disconnect and reconnect to wifi again. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.  

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I want to bump this post. Last night my phone's OS updated and now I can no longer cast through Poweramp at all. It wasn't working consistently before but i had the workaround of turning my wifi on and off which usually got it going after one or two tries. That's not even working anymore. Any help would be really appreciated. I'm a longtime user and would really like to get this working. Also, no issues casting through any other apps. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to keep being annoying and bringing this up. I had given up on this working but tried again last week and it worked as expected! It was working perfectly all week until I tried again this morning and it's broken again and behaving how it was before. Any thoughts on what fixed it and what broke it again? 

Hi Max

Thanks for the response. I have the cast button and it connects to my devices but then there's no sound. In Poweramp the track will advance 1 second then start over from the same spot. What's strange is that I couldn't get it to for months until last week when it started working. As of this morning it's broken again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, maxmp said:

@Osiris you can’t cast how exactly? No chromecast button, no chromecasts in the list, chromecast is there but no sound, something else? Thanks!

Hi just following up on this. Any chance this will be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 11:41 AM, maxmp said:

@Osiris you can’t cast how exactly? No chromecast button, no chromecasts in the list, chromecast is there but no sound, something else? Thanks!

Hi I just want to follow up on this again. I hate to be a pest but I've had this issue for months and haven't been able to get a definitive reply. What's strange is that it will start working for a few days and then break again, seemingly without any rhyme or reason. It's especially frustrating because I bought all google cast speakers (as opposed to Sonos) so I could continue to use Poweramp and I haven't been able to reliably use them for months. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.