Execution stops after voice command "next song"

YanALC

Poweramp Build Number: 883-893

Device model: Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (M1805E10A)

Android Version: 12 (MIUI 12)

Steps to reproduce:

- Play any song from Poweramp

- Block the phone

- Activate Google Assistant (saying "Ok Google")

- Say the command "Next Song"

- The execution stops after go to next song and you need to play the song to continues the execution

I was tested on Spotify and Youtube Music and isn't occurred, the execution continued normally.

Could be another MIUI / Android thing. I've tested it on my Samsung Galaxy A70 (Android 10, which I think is what MIUI 12 for your device is based on) and it works fine. Saying "OK Google" pauses playback so the microphone can listen, then it processes the following voice command (for example "Next Track", "Shuffle", or "Volume Up") and then Poweramp resumes playback. This works whether PA is the current app or in the background, with headset or speaker, and for high-res or OpenSL ES outputs. The commands that are received by PA are logged in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands by the way.

Does this happen with any other Google voice commands (such as "OK Google... Shuffle" or "Volume Up")? If so, the problem is more likely to be to do with resumption after audio focus interruptions, which can be adjusted in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus.

@maxmp might be able to check further as he has MIUI test devices.

Andre

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Could be another MIUI / Android thing. I've tested it on my Samsung Galaxy A70 (Android 10, which I think is what MIUI 12 for your device is based on) and it works fine. Saying "OK Google" pauses playback so the microphone can listen, then it processes the following voice command (for example "Next Track", "Shuffle", or "Volume Up") and then Poweramp resumes playback. This works whether PA is the current app or in the background, with headset or speaker, and for high-res or OpenSL ES outputs. The commands that are received by PA are logged in PA Settings > Headset/Bluetooth > Last Processed Commands by the way.

Does this happen with any other Google voice commands (such as "OK Google... Shuffle" or "Volume Up")? If so, the problem is more likely to be to do with resumption after audio focus interruptions, which can be adjusted in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus.

Andre

The problem only occurred with "Next Song" command. I already try to change the Audio Focus settings, but without success.

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I use Poweramp for 2 years in my Pocophone, and this started to happen 2 months ago approximately (with the last update I guess). The problem is that there was an update of Google Assistant too. It may be that this caused the problem too, but occurs only with Poweramp, which is quite strange.

Archived