Google Assistant - Power Player as default option?

SandmanUT

With the latest version of V3 (with the unlocker) running in Oreo, when I use voice commands/Google Assistant and call for a song, I get my Play Music service instead of Poweramp. If I tell it to open Poweramp, it of course does, but does nothing else, it just opens the app with no play or search function. 

What are the settings to get PA to be the default for Google Assistant commands like "play ..." or even have it look for songs in the local library via voice? What commands will PA respond to by voice? 

thanks. 

5 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

I disabled Google Play Music and then played something on PA. At that point I think Android recognizes PA as the default music player.

So are you saying the two can't live together or that you just temporarily disabled Play Music?

Android does have another stock music player, of course. Why isn't that the one Assistant tries to startup? Has to be a setting..or order of install? :huh:

20 hours ago, andrewilley said:

To avoid confusion, you should be able to use "Play <songtitle> in Poweramp".

Andre

This works..mostly. It seems that longer title songs stumble a bit as probably a combination of road noise and Assistant's "impatience" , leads it to cutoff, especially if I'm not giving it an internet connection.  But by using that exact order of phrasing, it does indeed bypass Play Music and open the song (or an Artists Folder) in Poweramp from the local library. Thank you!

Will Assistant FF, Rew, Pause, Volume or Skip in Poweramp? If so, what phrases work?

Archived