Disable album name in now playing screen

Totally agree. I'm a brand-new user to the app and this is the very first thing I started hunting in the settings for. In my case it causes the tags to pull into the wrong fields when my phone is connected via bluetooth to my car - the artist and album are jammed into the artist field on my car's display screen while the album field redundantly displays the running time of the track.

25 minutes ago, dirkbeen said:

Totally agree. I'm a brand-new user to the app and this is the very first thing I started hunting in the settings for. In my case it causes the tags to pull into the wrong fields when my phone is connected via bluetooth to my car - the artist and album are jammed into the artist field on my car's display screen while the album field redundantly displays the running time of the track.

Not sure this is the same issue. AFAIK the Bluetooth data is passed as separate fields. The combined string of Artist - Album is just on the Now Playing page for Poweramp.

I have two cars with Bluetooth, both show 4/5 separate fields distinctly with Playlist, Title, Album, Artist, and Genre (genre is only in the Jeep, not my Buick).

@dirkbeen are you using Android Auto when this happens, or some other interface?

Huh. I wonder why this issue is occurring for me in that case... it seems oddly coincidental that the receiving device would combine artist and album title in this way, though, with a space-dash-space between them and everything...

I previously used Google Play Music and didn't have this issue; tags naturally pulled correctly.

@MotleyG no, nothing but the bluetooth sync option in my 2016 Toyota Camry.

Archived