Re-Sort list: year + track#

SpannerWZ

Probably, as far as i know it's not posible to combine multiple sorting options, (or rather I haven't seen such option), normally when organizing by year the songs in the same date get organized by title but not Track#, maybe a way to approach this might be an option to make Poweramp prioritize track# over title? So users can choose their preferred way if they have ocd like me? (As i said before this might already be in the app but i haven't seen such option yet)

I can't see further organising 'Year' sorting by Track# would make any sense. Let's say your list happens to contain songs from four 2019 albums, amongst lots of other songs. Sorting by Year then Track# would result in the 2019 portion of the list containing four Track #1 songs (i.e. Track 1 one from each album) followed by four Track #2 songs, and so on. Not especially helpful.

Andre

True, the only way maybe is thinking outside the box and grouping songs by album, but then one should just have an artist in a folder then enter in folder hierarchy and then maybe sort albums by year..., anyway this seems more viable than my previous idea, thanks.

2 hours ago, SpannerWZ said:

True, the only way maybe is thinking outside the box and grouping songs by album, but then one should just have an artist in a folder then enter in folder hierarchy and then maybe sort albums by year..., anyway this seems more viable than my previous idea, thanks.

Make sure to add "Album Artist" metadata for all of your albums, this solves 99% of the sorting you are looking for.

6 hours ago, MotleyG said:

Make sure to add "Album Artist" metadata for all of your albums, this solves 99% of the sorting you are looking for.

Generally an excellent idea, but it won't help much in this particular case of re-sorting playlists.

The third-party app New Playlist Manager might help by the way, might be worth @SpannerWZ taking a look at that too.

Andre

Archived