[Release]LRC Plugin for Poweramp

Rachel Tang

For anyone who is fond of a plugin to implement a lyrics parser to make up for Poweramp's lack of local lyrics support, here is it.

It reads external lyrics located at where the songs are. To be clearer, for a song placed at XXX/YYY.mp3, this app tries to load XXX/YYY.lrc and display it in a floating window.

Now live on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.rachel030219.poweramplrc (and Coolapk for users in China Mainland https://www.coolapk.com/apk/255710 or GitHub releases for convenient apk downloading https://github.com/Rachel030219/Poweramp-LRC-Plugin/releases)

There are still plenty of bugs, even though it has been released in production track. When you run into one, don't forget to report it here or open an issue on GitHub 😜

If you like it, you can always give it a star on GitHub or view its (poorly written) source code: https://github.com/Rachel030219/Poweramp-LRC-Plugin

Thanks to everyone who made it possible! 😏

Edited by Rachel Tang

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, Rachel Tang said:

@clever_man Hi, I've just uploaded a newer version fixing an issue which has caused app crashing on many devices, hope it'll work well for you… And if not, I'd be glad to receive crash logs. Your report made the app better, thanks!

Hi.

Just downloaded and have question.

There will be any options for changing theme, size, font color etc?

Also there lyrics are show late than singing. It's app bug?

Thanks for app

8 minutes ago, fazi78 said:

Hi.

Just downloaded and have question.

Thanks for app

Yes. These features are under development and should be available soon… 

But not in recent days since I'll be unable to program in nearly a week.

It depends on how late it is. 

If it's a latency that is at most 500 ms, it is the app's bug. Poweramp's API only enables apps to count time in seconds, so… (the reasons are shown after permissions are granted properly). However, there is a plan to make the segments more detailed, for about 100 ms, but this is not a promised feature, since in current stage performance and power consumption are not evaluated yet.

If the latency is more than 500 ms, try pause and resume(double-click the play button) in Poweramp. That possibly fixes it, which resets the time Poweramp passes to 3rd party apps.

• 3 weeks later...

@maxmp Thanks!

Modifying the API too much for the sake of one app seems unfair and redundant, so I plan to request API change only in some cases where there is no effective solution that can help solve the problem.
And here is a request (to implement a feature long requested by the users). Could the embedded lyrics in each song be provided within the TRACK_CHANGED broadcast in the form of a content provider URI? Parsing the ID3 info again would be wasting performance and memory.

• 3 weeks later...

@Rachel Tang I installed this plugin today and copied tons of IRC files to proper music directory but whenever I tried to use it I got an error & the app generates log in it's own folder. Please note I have given all the permissions I possibly could still no luck.

Then I thought maybe I'm doing something wrong so I installed blackplayer ex again to test & it works flawlessly each & every IRC files working properly.

Here's some screenshots & generated logs by the plugin itself

Screenshot_2020-08-26-21-05-22-710_com.google.android.packageinstaller.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-26-21-05-32-358_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

log.zip

• 7 months later...

@Mandolo5758 sorry for the bad experience, may I ask whether you have followed the instructions in the app, and could you provide the log generated in the app so that I can analyse the problem? The hierarchy of your song files and lyric files will also be helpful. Thanks!

On 4/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, Rachel Tang said:

@Mandolo5758 sorry for the bad experience, may I ask whether you have followed the instructions in the app, and could you provide the log generated in the app so that I can analyse the problem? The hierarchy of your song files and lyric files will also be helpful. Thanks!

I've installed n uninstalled it many times but there's no lyric loaded ,,,

But if I play using SAMSUNG MUSIC , ttpod , all the lyrics can be played

On 4/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, Rachel Tang said:

•  

Sorry I'm not good at English so I don't know what you mean ,