[Release]LRC Plugin for Poweramp

Rachel Tang

@Mandolo5758 May I ask that is the folder containing these lyrics been added to the "Manage folder" page (which can be accessed through the first item in the configuration page) ?

Sorry that my English is poor either so that my expression might not be accurate enough…

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Rachel Tang said:

@Mandolo5758 May I ask that is the folder containing these lyrics been added to the "Manage folder" page (which can be accessed through the first item in the configuration page) ?

Sorry that my English is poor either so that my expression might not be accurate enough…

Do u mean this setting ?446781439_Screenshot_20210411-191250_PowerampLRCPlugin.thumb.jpg.1b2bbf9db281de16b8731a1963a7d3f9.jpg

I thought I'd give this a quick try, and I noticed that (perhaps understandably) it throws up errors when you are playing a radio stream in Poweramp. This led to problem #2, I couldn't see how to easily disable it - other than uninstalling, or blocking all of its Notifications at a system level (which I did, but not before I built up 340 error logs :) )

************ DEVICE INFORMATION ************
Brand: samsung
Device: a70q
Model: SM-A705FN
Id: QP1A.190711.020
Product: a70qeea

************ FIRMWARE ************
SDK Version: 29
Release: 10
App Version:19

************ PATHS ************

************ FOLDERS ************
name: MusicFolders, path: content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/D0D8-84ED%3AMusicFolders

************ CAUSE OF ERROR ************
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service net.rachel030219.poweramplrc.LrcService@e66e314 with Intent { cmp=net.rachel030219.poweramplrc/.LrcService (has extras) }: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4552)
android.app.ActivityThread.access$2000(ActivityThread.java:274)
android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2134)
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237)
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8167)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496)
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1100)

Andre

• 1 month later...

Ok, here's a stupid question but, how do I create a ".lrc" file? Does this automatically create one or do I need some other way to do this?

And then the .lrc file goes into the same folder with the music?

@JDS The lrc files could usually be found by searching for "lrc + <name of the song>", which are formatted as described in Wikipedia and are no more than plain text files. After saving these files from the websites offering them, you can rename them and put them into the same folder with the music. Hope my words help!

Seriously? Are you saying that a person has to manually go out and search for the lyric file for each and every song? Wow, that would take forever!

Surely there must be an app that could automate this process?

There probably are programs to automate this process, but neither Poweramp nor this plugin are such apps. They are merely designed display what has already been provided with the music. An even better solution would be to have the lyrics embedded within the audio file, like the other tags and artwork, which can also be the case. PA can do a Google search based on the Title and Artist tags, but the accuracy and relevancy of the results can be a bit hit-or-miss (like any search).

Andre

On 5/16/2021 at 11:18 AM, JDS said:

Seriously? Are you saying that a person has to manually go out and search for the lyric file for each and every song? Wow, that would take forever!

Surely there must be an app that could automate this process?

I've been using the Lyric Show 3 component for the Foobar2000 audio player to sync each line of lyrics, one row at a time as they play. It saves to a .lrc text file to the folder containing the audio file (mostly mp3s) with the same file name. Lyric Show 3 automatically searches & retrieves synced lyrics as the songs play. Way back before I was using Crintsoft MiniLyrics which seems not to be maintained anymore.

I replaced Foobar2000 Android with Poweramp a couple years back and am super pleased with it. I installed this LRC plugin last year, but like@Mandolo5758I've never gotten it to work. Like him I set the top level of my mp3 library in the 'Add A Folder' setting and ticked 'Include sub-directories'. But I've only see a ghost of some lyrics a couple of times. Maybe my old 6.0.1 OS can not handle it. And I'm not good with Android. 

Having synced lyrics to mp3 files for 10-15 years now, I'd really love to see this plugin work on my phone like Foobar2000 has done for so long now. Will be checking back to read more feedback on this. Sorry for so many words... I'm old. ;)

@MarkA95 This PA plugin does not download anything in the way that the foobar plugin does, it only display lyrics which are already present on your local Android device in a 'sidecar' .LRC file. However if foobar has previously downloaded and created a <songfilename>.LRC file and saved it in the same directory as the song file, this plugin should be able to show it.

Andre

12 hours ago, MarkA95 said:

I've been using the Lyric Show 3 component for the Foobar2000 audio player to sync each line of lyrics, one row at a time as they play. It saves to a .lrc text file to the folder containing the audio file (mostly mp3s) with the same file name. Lyric Show 3 automatically searches & retrieves synced lyrics as the songs play. Way back before I was using Crintsoft MiniLyrics which seems not to be maintained anymore.

I replaced Foobar2000 Android with Poweramp a couple years back and am super pleased with it. I installed this LRC plugin last year, but like@Mandolo5758I've never gotten it to work. Like him I set the top level of my mp3 library in the 'Add A Folder' setting and ticked 'Include sub-directories'. But I've only see a ghost of some lyrics a couple of times. Maybe my old 6.0.1 OS can not handle it. And I'm not good with Android. 

Having synced lyrics to mp3 files for 10-15 years now, I'd really love to see this plugin work on my phone like Foobar2000 has done for so long now. Will be checking back to read more feedback on this. Sorry for so many words... I'm old. ;)

I figured out a way to put all the lyrics in all my songs by using "MediaHuman" Lyrics finder. I put all my music on my PC, ran that program and now I have lyrics in all my songs!

On 5/22/2021 at 1:07 AM, andrewilley said:

@MarkA95 This PA plugin does not download anything in the way that the foobar plugin does, it only display lyrics which are already present on your local Android device in a 'sidecar' .LRC file. However if foobar has previously downloaded and created a <songfilename>.LRC file and saved it in the same directory as the song file, this plugin should be able to show it.

Andre

Yup, Been doing that since soon after Winamp and the Xing MP3 compression app was released in the late 90s! :) I'm guessing my 6.0.1 Android OS might be having a hard time though.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, JDS said:

I figured out a way to put all the lyrics in all my songs by using "MediaHuman" Lyrics finder. I put all my music on my PC, ran that program and now I have lyrics in all my songs!

Nice find! Foobar has been adding them little by little as I've played my MP3s over the years. But that sounds like a great tool for quick mass-downloading all lyrics in your library. I don't see where it's putting them though. I'm guessing in *.lrc text files that seem to be petty much the standard. I was looking at writing them to id3 tags, but searching the mp3tag forums, looks like writing synced lyrics to id3 tags hasn't been worked out yet.

• 8 months later...