PA-CEQ - Community Equalizer for Poweramp and more.

GanstaKingofSA

Before I start, this is not a app for Poweramp. This is a equalizer value for the app.

Credit for PA-CEQ

- San_X for the Balanced Settings back in 2014.

JohnRTitor for testing PA-CEQ 3.0.

PA-CEQ or Poweramp Community Equalizer is a community driven equalizer for Poweramp, Poweramp Equalizer and other devices which that improves audio fidelity of songs. The current version out is 3.0 which heavily improves the preset by changing how it works dramatically to improve quality and lessen distortion as present before.

How do you install PA-CEQ?
1. Go to Releases linked on Github and download the latest ZIP file in there and select the version of PA-CEQ to use.

2. Copy the values within the screenshot to Poweramp or your device or import the equalizer file inside the For Poweramp Equalizer folder to Poweramp Equalizer.

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
3.0 Release Update

4 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

XDA Equalizer for comparison or usage instead. This is a estimate of the original preset, not the actual one basef on the screenshots. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQmyyIsFs6ax9ba0FMYMqdh4kgziSIdP/view?usp=drivesdk

Sorry but please upload screen shot if possible max introduced dB values long ago I don't want mess with my settings also if you have any reverberation set-up please share as well thanks

Just to be clear, this isn't a companion app is it? Just some people's ideas for their favourite EQ slider settings?

Installing a whole settings file to do that seems a bit overkill though, as that would scramble all your other configured settings throughout the app. Might be easier to just list the ten slider dB values and adjust them by hand. 

Andre

7 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

Sorry but please upload screen shot if possible max introduced dB values long ago I don't want mess with my settings also if you have any reverberation set-up please share as well thanks

This is the estimated one based off the XDA Post. Neither this or PA-CEQ uses Reverb

Screenshot_20191202-090805_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Clarify Reverb use and Landscape

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just to be clear, this isn't a companion app is it? Just some people's ideas for their favourite EQ slider settings?

Installing a whole settings file to do that seems a bit overkill though, as that would scramble all your other configured settings throughout the app. Might be easier to just list the ten slider dB values and adjust them by hand. 

Andre

Not a app but just a preset equalizer based on the community feedback. I wanted to see if the App saved it somewhere apart from last.Poweramp-settings but decided to go there. In case, I'll add the slider screens to the post or here as well for others to see.

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Moved EQ Image to Main Post

2 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Should be better fixed. I did it in Portrait as Landscape appeared squished to me with the preset bars.

It does look a bit squished to fit it in, but all you are trying to show are the dB numbers under the sliders so it should do the job fine.

Andre

• 11 months later...

So after a few while with PA-CEQ 1.0, I did PA-CEQ 2.0 in testing phase/feedback phase which improves PA-CEQ a bit I think (though my opinion). For my perspective it more louder and balancer and improves badly mastered FLACs to probably audible tracks. I did notice Apple's little cable DAC and some devices have their speakers play the EQ distortedly so I made 2 preset versions, being Normal and "Apple DAC". The only difference between them is the distortion is fixed I think with no EQ balancing to the first 3 low frequencies. Here is a preview.

Normal.jpg

Apple DAC Version.jpg

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

New EQ Update with 31 Band Support and improved bass/vocal control. Also fixed the beta release of 2.1 Apple's DAC with a tinkered preset. Since I included both 10 and 31 preset modes, they are in the zip file mentioned and described in the Read First files.
https://github.com/GanstaKingofSA/PA-CEQ/releases/tag/2.1

👌🏻 First class

To clarify, in case anyone thinks this is some sort of additional app, this is just a suggestion of how to adjust the existing EQ sliders to get a particular sound. It's probably not such a good idea to use the last.Poweramp-settings file though, as that changes EVERY setting and option in Poweramp, which is probably not what you want. Instead it would be better to adjust just your EQ sliders, as per the guide pictures.

@maxmp as a number of people seem to like offering their own preferred EQ values, and as you've already implemented an 'Export Presets' feature to send to the stand-alone EQ app, might it be an idea to implement an 'Import/Export EQ Values' feature in both the main and the EQ app, to allow people to more easily share their settings? A generic text-based format (CSV or XML) might be best, allowing users to fine-tweak the content numerically too. Such a feature would be even more useful once you implement the Parametric modes, as adjusting those would require more than just pushing a few sliders up and down. You could even make the Import feature compatible with the file format of the AutoEQ project that was discussed in another thread (https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20096-add-autoeq-pre-sets-for-equalizer-to-normalize-headphones)

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

snip

I moved on from using the last.Poweramp-settings file after your suggestion in 1.0. Everything now is by screenshots of the presets that I set on my phone. Sorry if there was confusion on that part, but also thanks for clarifying its not a app. Might have not specified that well.

Exporting dB values seems to be a good idea IMO. It would help a bit of importing the values out and may be useful to people with theirs or using PA-CEQ itself. 

Update: Post changed to clarify new screenshot positions and made it shorter to read based off suggestion. Also clarified it's not a app.

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Update

• 2 months later...

PA-CEQ 3.0 is now released with a massive improvement to the dB preset and support for Parametric EQ, includes a Poweramp Equalizer Import File, and less gain aggressiveness as the last few revisions. This also should get rid of audio distortion that was present in the past revisions of PA-CEQ. If you wanna learn more or want to try it out, you may do so by going here: https://github.com/GanstaKingofSA/PA-CEQ/releases/tag/3.0

I highly recommend all using PA-CEQ to try it and those that haven't or have but didn't like the last few to try it out and see for yourself.