Poweramp
GanstaKingofSA

PA-CEQ - Community Equalizer for Poweramp and more.

Before I start, credit must be due to the idea and original concept.
@San_X for the Balanced Settings back in 2014 concept linked here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2674303

Hi.
I would like to introduce to you all a community-driven equalizer for Poweramp and for other devices called PA-CEQ a.k.a Poweramp Community Equalizer. Although the name suggests it only applies to Poweramp, it can also apply to other devices like car stereos, iOS, computers, etc.

PA-CEQ or Poweramp Community Equalizer (I call it Focal Utopia Equalizer in my place) is a community driven equalizer for Poweramp which can also be applied to other devices and software like non-Poweramp apps, iOS, Stock Android, and more that are equalizer capable based off 2 different headphones, the Sennheiser HD598 and Focal Utopia with no USB DAC and only a 3.5mm Jack.

I am aware that this has been posted 5 years ago on the XDA forums. I actually used that preset before making PA-CEQ but felt something off about it. Apart from some music sounding off, I prefered a non-bass and non-treble based preset and only a dB increase or decrease and that there wasn't a estimated dB range for that XDA post so it was up to a guess to determine the EQ if it was 11.X or 12.X for different ranges and what songs that person used. PA-CEQ is actually based on the same preset with some major dB and Bass/Treble changes.

The difference between the old XDA preset and PA-CEQ is the ranges and the tone. There is 0 reliance of Bass and Treble in the app and are based off the dB Equalizer in the app instead of a deeper and louder bass and louder treble with a dB preset. Along with only dB reliance, a saved preset to transfer to other devices and visibility for other apps and OS's that don't have Poweramp or to Windows, and car radios.

How do you install PA-CEQ?
Go to Releases linked on Github (community effort so open-source FTW) and download the latest `last.Poweramp-settings` file in there and drop it in the `Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer` folder. Please note this will reset your skin if you have one or theme so please re-adjust that after install.
For Non-Poweramp Users, enter the Preset Screenshots folder or the Preset.Screenshots.zip file and view the PA-CEQ screenshots in there and apply it to your Android, iOS, car radio, stereo, any equalizer set device. Please read the `Read First.md` file in the folder before configuring.

Github: https://github.com/GanstaKingofSA/PA...leases/tag/1.0

Device Tested was a Samsung Galaxy S9 on the September Patch Update (`G960U1UES6CSH8`).
Only the default Poweramp DVC and Equalizer were used. No Dolby Atmos, Adapt Sound, Android EQ, MusicFX, Stereo Expand, Balance, Reverb, Bass and Treble at 60% Volume.
Headphones as stated are the Sennheiser HD598 and Focal Utopia.
Song Test Section are in the Github Wiki. Tested with MP3's and FLAC off Google Play and CD Rips.

If you have any suggestions or issues with this preset, don't be afraid to be critical of it and message your concerns here, the XDA forums, or on Github as a Pull Request of a new preset or a Issue.

There might be a PA-CEQ Preset with Bass and Treble but still TBD as I prefer less use of Bass and Treble for songs.

PA-CEQ is GNU GPL v3

20191202_090034.jpg

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Add screenshot equalizer instead based off Andre's post.

4 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

XDA Equalizer for comparison or usage instead. This is a estimate of the original preset, not the actual one basef on the screenshots. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQmyyIsFs6ax9ba0FMYMqdh4kgziSIdP/view?usp=drivesdk

Sorry but please upload screen shot if possible max introduced dB values long ago I don't want mess with my settings also if you have any reverberation set-up please share as well thanks

Just to be clear, this isn't a companion app is it? Just some people's ideas for their favourite EQ slider settings?

Installing a whole settings file to do that seems a bit overkill though, as that would scramble all your other configured settings throughout the app. Might be easier to just list the ten slider dB values and adjust them by hand. 

Andre

7 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

Sorry but please upload screen shot if possible max introduced dB values long ago I don't want mess with my settings also if you have any reverberation set-up please share as well thanks

This is the estimated one based off the XDA Post. Neither this or PA-CEQ uses Reverb

Screenshot_20191202-090805_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Clarify Reverb use and Landscape

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just to be clear, this isn't a companion app is it? Just some people's ideas for their favourite EQ slider settings?

Installing a whole settings file to do that seems a bit overkill though, as that would scramble all your other configured settings throughout the app. Might be easier to just list the ten slider dB values and adjust them by hand. 

Andre

Not a app but just a preset equalizer based on the community feedback. I wanted to see if the App saved it somewhere apart from last.Poweramp-settings but decided to go there. In case, I'll add the slider screens to the post or here as well for others to see.

Edited by GanstaKingofSA
Moved EQ Image to Main Post

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Better to do any EQ screenshots in landscape, it all fits on one screen that way.

Andre

Should be better fixed. I did it in Portrait as Landscape appeared squished to me with the preset bars.

2 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Should be better fixed. I did it in Portrait as Landscape appeared squished to me with the preset bars.

It does look a bit squished to fit it in, but all you are trying to show are the dB numbers under the sliders so it should do the job fine.

Andre