Quickest / Easiest Way To Embed Power Amp Album Art Using PC?

Made In Machines

Hi I'm hoping I can find a way to take the Poweramp album art folder from my phone and automatically embed it into my music files. Whether this is using another android app or using an app on PC. What I want to avoid is having to do hundreds / thousands of drag, drop and saves to get them embedded. What's the quickest / easiest way? I wish Poweramp did it automatically but it's an amazing app especially with v3 so can't complain. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If you have all your albums separated into their own folders have you considered just putting the album cover in the folder as "Folder.jpg". This will use less space on your phone and will reduce the number of  copies you need to do unless you have separate covers for each song. 

On 11/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, Made In Machines said:

Hi I'm hoping I can find a way to take the Poweramp album art folder from my phone and automatically embed it into my music files. Whether this is using another android app or using an app on PC. What I want to avoid is having to do hundreds / thousands of drag, drop and saves to get them embedded. What's the quickest / easiest way? I wish Poweramp did it automatically but it's an amazing app especially with v3 so can't complain. 

Thanks

I have been using mp3tag for years, by far my favourite PC metadata editor for my music library.

G

Don't know if this helps you any, but it's not necessary to embed the album art in the files themselves, and it's preferable not to.  Just put a JPG file in the same directory as your music files, and the majority of music players (including Poweramp) will display it as the cover art.  It's a good way to save space since cover images aren't duplicated for every single music file you have.  In other words, if you have 12,000 music files, and embed cover art in each one, you effectively have 12,000 images in your music library which can take up a substantial amount of space.

If you have "Folder.jpg" files in each of your album folders you can embed them using DBPowerAmp on a PC. DBPowerAmp is a Windows ripper/converter application that I  use to rip my CD's. It has a utility codec addon called "ID Tag Update" that can take the "Folder.jpg" and embed it in the music files in the same folder. Using the Batch file converter in DBPowerAmp you can do your whole library in one shot. It will go through your entire library and all album folders with "Folder.jpg" files will be embedded into the ID tags of the music files in the same folder and then moves to the next folder and so on. One of my MP3 players is a Sony NW-A45 that only displays cover art that is embedded in the actual music files. So when I put new music on that player I attach it to my PC and use DBPowerAmp to embed the cover art in the music files.

Archived