Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro Hi-Fi audio compatibility

Mehrshad Shafaghi

I have bought my redmi k20 pro recently. There's this new "hi-fi audio" switch under the "headphones and audio effects" page in settings which is new to me as I didn't have it in my older Redmi Note 3 pro or Redmi Note 4X. There are some issues when I turn on the switch:

1. DVC: on results in a lower volume. The DVC volume problem isn't a new thing, right? You can totally get what I mean; the volume drops low even when you turn it all the way up. Makes it useless when playing songs in a car/noisy places.

2. The Volume Knob isn't in sync with the actual volume level. Don't know how to put this. %100 volume on system equals to %60 volume on Poweramp. 61-100 volume on the knob doesn't make any change. Changes only appear in 0-60.

These are the stuff I found. There might be some other problems that I don't know. I'll include the output detection log.

Using MIUI 10.3.16 china stable.

Screenshot_2019-08-21-13-54-59-336_com.android.settings.png

New file.txt

Thanks for details, I’ll try to test this option on my 9T. Poweramp uses hi-res properly on this device without the switch enabled, I guess the option tries to roll own upsampling which may be not compatible with Poweramp at all (so probably some workaround to avoid using this option will be added).

• 3 months later...

When im using my KZ ES4 headset or Mi Bluetooth airdots, my media volume is maxed, but volume is still low, I checked Poweramp and it's at 60% I have to turn the knob to get the volume higher but when I lock the screen and change the song, it goes back to 60% it's so annoying. How can I fix this ?

Phone model is Xiaomi Mi9T

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 12:57 AM, maxmp said:

Thanks for details, I’ll try to test this option on my 9T. Poweramp uses hi-res properly on this device without the switch enabled, I guess the option tries to roll own upsampling which may be not compatible with Poweramp at all (so probably some workaround to avoid using this option will be added).

Is it fixed now?

I retested this switch.

On m9t pro that Hi-Fi switch is required to be ON for Hi-Res output to be able to use 192kHz+. But enabling and disabling it otherwise doesn't produce noticeable artifacts and doesn't change DVC availability (Poweramp build 860, MIUI Global 11.0.1 Android 10).

Same for just 9T (not pro) @ 11.0.1 Android 9.

Thanks!

Archived