Visualization on TV (streaming)

newguy19

I love the streaming feature in Poweramp that allows you to stream the music on other devices in the same network like Smart TV's.

It currently shows the cover image on the TV screen when you use the streaming feature. Since Poweramp has a lot of visualizations I think it would be a great feature to have an option to play/show/stream them on TV's, especially since the basic streaming feature already exists. The visualizations would probably look amazing on big TV screens. Of course it's nothing essential but it would be very nice to have.

You can share whole device screen, this will show complete UI including visualization. 

As for built in Chromecast, it's focused more on audio quality - it sends "raw" PCM and avoids any recompression (the screen cast will compress audio to something like 96kb/s aac).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2019 at 12:51 AM, maxmp said:

You can share whole device screen, this will show complete UI including visualization. 

As for built in Chromecast, it's focused more on audio quality - it sends "raw" PCM and avoids any recompression (the screen cast will compress audio to something like 96kb/s aac).

We enjoy music with Poweramp music player. We are always thankful of you guys doing this much for us. Hope you guys will work on visualization on smart tv casting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to get the streaming server working. AFAIK Poweramp only sports casting to Chromecast devices. I was wondering if we could use Poweramp as a streaming server which could be played across all devices supporting streaming. I have a RaspberryPi connected to my hifi diy amp and I'd really love to stream to it from Poweramp.

1 hour ago, Varun21 said:

AFAIK Poweramp only sports casting to Chromecast devices.

Correct. That and Bluetooth anyway.

There are future plans to support DLNA/uPnP streaming in the future, but not yet I'm afraid.

Personally I would love Poweramp to be able to set itself up as a simple SHOUTcast server to beam audio data out over the local wireless network. That would allow a whole host of devices to be able to be used as speakers, such as Sonos speakers, etc.

Andre

On 11/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, Spiderpie said:

I too wish the visualization when streaming was the other way round with the visualization on the TV and the song details and cover on the phone or tablet. 

Reminds me of Samsung DeX

• 2 weeks later...

If you have 'project m' installed, you can play your music in Poweramp and then switch to Project M which also supports Cast, however this seems to be able to cope just fine with sound AND visuals, all whilst Poweramp is providing the sound. It seems strange to have to use 2 apps to achieve it (though Project M can play music too).

• 9 months later...

I used to think a lot about visualization, too, until I found such an important and valuable resource as Roku screen mirroring Mac. This application has helped me to solve a serious problem. When I needed tools to watch movies on the big screen, I had no idea that it could be such an easy way. I was lucky enough to find this resource on one of the forums and use it. Now I have no regrets because I can see how important and necessary this is for TV fans.