No longer able to see or choose music folders for library

3 hours ago, LinuxArie said:

Can't select folders, can't import or export settings.

Tablet : Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, Android 6.0.1

Poweramp Settings -> Misc ->File Access Legacy Mode does not apply to your older Android 6 device. It should probably be turned off on your Android 10 devices (and definitely if they upgrade to Android 11) but if it's working, don't mess with it.

In case Google is restoring old settings from the cloud to a new installation, try deleting Poweramp app data completely (in Android Settings > Apps) to allow it to do a fresh start with settings appropriate to your six year old tablet (which unusually uses an Intel Atom processor, which might be part of the issue here).

You don't mention which version of Poweramp you are using, so I'm going to assume build 905.

Andre

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's 905 arm64 from playstore

Tried force stop, deleted all the data, started,did not help

Deleted the data and uninstall, reinstall, did not help

Poweramp sees all the audio files, music, voicerecordings, audiobooks.

What do you see when you try to go into PA Settings > Library > Music Folders? It should be something like this, with the ability to drill-down into each storage area and tick folders before finally tapping 'Select Folders'

image.png

Max: are there any potential issues with tying to run current the ARM app on an older Intel Atom device?

I still think partially selected locations should be annotated by the way - e.g. as filled-in selector boxes. From the above screen there is no way to see where my selected music folder(s) are actually located.

Andre

When I click Music Folders nothing happens

Rescan works, 141 folders, playlists 0, 1669 songs

CPU info says Intel Atom x5-Z8500

ABI x86_64

Cores 4

ARM Neon no

Android 6.0.1

Kernel 3.14.55-x86_64-g8b6566a

So the Music Folders menu option doesn't even start to do anything - no spinning activity symbol or anything, it just sits at the same menu waiting for another option to be selected.

Max may recognise this problem anyway, but you could try generating a log after you've tapped the Music Folders link. Go to PA Settings > Get Support > Send Log and email the log to gpmaxmpz [at] gmail.com.

Andre

On 7/16/2021 at 8:05 PM, andrewilley said:

So the Music Folders menu option doesn't even start to do anything - no spinning activity symbol or anything, it just sits at the same menu waiting for another option to be selected.

Max may recognise this problem anyway, but you could try generating a log after you've tapped the Music Folders link. Go to PA Settings > Get Support > Send Log and email the log to gpmaxmpz [at] gmail.com.

Andre

Even Send Log does not work

Made a fresh install

Did a factory reset

Removed SD card

Joined the beta channel and upgraded to 909 version

None of these helped.

Thanks any way, LinuxArie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have bought the Unlocker (long time ago) but not used Poweramp a couple of years.

Phone: Galaxy A71 - 128Gb intern - 512Gb SD-card - close to 200Gb music (function on Neutron) .

When trying to activate Galaxy A71 (intern) or SD-card I get a blank screen.

Have mailed for help and done what was recommended - and still blank screen when trying to activate either of the memories.

Mail from support:

Hello from Poweramp support team!
Long press Poweramp icon,
(Info) / Permissions / Storage / Allow.. Please ensure "Remove permissions if app isn't used" is DISABLED. Alternatively (recommended): disable Settings / Misc / File Access Legacy Mode" option, then in Settings / Library / Music Folders give the new permission and re-choose folders.

Can open my files and take a music file there and play it. Sounds good. Try to press for next number am told that many files are not valid or something like that. All work in Neutron so the music files are OK.

All music is .flac either 24-bit or 16-bit. Use the phone as source for Mark Levinson audio.

Not that Neutron is bad, just wanted to see if Poweramp is better.

Any help appreciated. Thank you

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@john madsen Clear all Poweramp app permissions (as described by email) so you can start from scratch, then follow the steps here (which is on an almost identical setup as it happens):

Andre

I have no MP3 files. 16 and 24 bit flac files. Functioning in Neutron. Have no back-up from old phone. It is several years since I last tried Poweramp, when Galaxy Note 4 was new. Have done what support mailed me and does not function.

Want the paid app to function, but if not, Neutron (a paid app as well) does function so I can still hear music; just would like to find out if Mark Levinson audio equipment sound better from Poweramp than Neutron.

5 minutes ago, john madsen said:

I have no MP3 files. 16 and 24 bit flac files.

Makes no difference to the scanner, as long as the files are named with .FLAC extenders and contain valid audio data, Poweramp should be able to scan them as long as you can enable and select their top-level folder. That was what you were saying returned a blank screen wasn't it - the Settings>Library>Music Folders selector screen?

Andre 

27 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Makes no difference to the scanner, as long as the files are named with .FLAC extenders and contain valid audio data, Poweramp should be able to scan them as long as you can enable and select their top-level folder. That was what you were saying returned a blank screen wasn't it - the Settings>Library>Music Folders selector screen?

Andre 

I cannot select anything as when pressing activate either the phone or the SD-card I am shown a blank beautifully white page with possibility to see hidden files or not and no matter what I press there gives me nothing at all. The blank page is all there is. No folders, nothing.

Have done what support told me without any result.

Support just mailed again:

Hello from Poweramp support team!
Please uninstall Poweramp Trial and Unlocker, restart your device and
  update Poweramp (trial - which is the main app) from Poweramp site - https://powerampapp.com/downloads/Poweramp-v3-build-last-uni.apk
Remember to backup any internal Playlists and Settings first.
Thanks!

Will try that and see what happens

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

@john madsen Worth a try, but given that you said it was a new install on your A71 phone anyway, I'm not sure how much that will gain you. Also clear app data in case Google is restoring some old settings from the cloud.

Andre

Google cannot restore anything from cloud.

I have never had any connection to cloud.

Do not trust cloud more than politicians.

It was a new installation from google play, then a new from the website of Poweramp, then a beta from google play and now after removing the unlocker the playstore will only install the beta, but first I try the one from Poweramp.

https://powerampapp.com/downloads/Poweramp-v3-build-last-uni.apk

then reinstall the unlocker.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@john madsen Worth a try, but given that you said it was a new install on your A71 phone anyway, I'm not sure how much that will gain you. Also clear app data in case Google is restoring some old settings from the cloud.

Andre

Tried and did not function.

Maybe just wait a couple of years till Poweramp will function again.

I have been told it will take a couple of minutes to remove me from the beta version in playstore; There are many minutes in a few. 6 hours till now and still on beta.

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Where do you think the Play Store lives?

Andre

The play store is a needed evil from where to get app's for Android phones. And I do not think it is alive.

I have no personal data in the cloud, all are on own memory items (SSD drives,hard discs, memory cards). Why anybody would have personal data in the cloud is not for me to understand. I have no facebook or any time-wasting things like that. I play music from the phone through a wire to my audio equipment and do not have internet connection for more than absolutely needed.

Had a little hope that somebody here could help but it seems not likely.

Have a nice day

@john madsen If you remove yourself from the beta channel on the Play Store, you will no longer automatically receive any new beta updates. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it will roll back anything you have already received though (you normally can't roll PA back to earlier versions without uninstalling first). I would strongly suggest using the latest available version of PA though (currently 910).

7 hours ago, john madsen said:

Why anybody would have personal data in the cloud is not for me to understand.

Had a little hope that somebody here could help but it seems not likely.

Most Android users take advantage of the Google feature to backup/sync their device data (which includes app settings) online, so if they lose their phone or break it and need to re-install to a new device, they won't lose everything. Given what you've said though, I assume you have that feature disabled so a new install should be 'clean' for you and Google won't restore any settings from its backup for you.

People here are willing to help anyone in need of assistance. 

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@john madsen If you remove yourself from the beta channel on the Play Store, you will no longer automatically receive any new beta updates. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it will roll back anything you have already received though (you normally can't roll PA back to earlier versions without uninstalling first). I would strongly suggest using the latest available version of PA though (currently 910).

Most Android users take advantage of the Google feature to backup/sync their device data (which includes app settings) online, so if they lose their phone or break it and need to re-install to a new device, they won't lose everything. Given what you've said though, I assume you have that feature disabled so a new install should be 'clean' for you and Google won't restore any settings from its backup for you.

People here are willing to help anyone in need of assistance. 

Andre

Thank you for the kind words. I have all the back-up I need. Will not trust the cloud with anything personal. Far too easy to see that it is breached now and then and people have their personal data available for anyone willing to pay. That is more or less what google is living from. Still I need a phone and some of the app's are fine for various needs. Too bad that privacy is a banned word for google.

Hoping that open software foundation will sooner or later get capacity to make a functioning OS for both phones and computers, but for now we must be content with what is available.

Removed a lot of the built in spam and garbage Google and Samsung put on the phones and it installed without problems. Took a couple of hours or maybe more.

Is there any way I can normalize the sound output so I do not have to constantly adjust the sound level as music files are not all recorded with same sound level?