Poweramp Build 829 - crash on startup when connected via bluetooth

Since the latest build 829, Poweramp crashes immediately on startup when connected to a bluetooth audio device.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Android: 7.0

Poweramp works fine when not connected to a bluetooth device.  The previous build I had installed of Poweramp worked well without crashing.

Tested with multiple bluetooth audio devices, results are identical.

I'm trying to install the previous version build 828, but keep getting apk appears corrupt errors.  Tried even earlier versions, same corrupt error.

Edit:  Figured it out.  If you're having problems downgrading, do the following:
1.  Export your Poweramp settings.

2.  Uninstall Poweramp.

3.  Install the earlier build (eg: 828). <-- now it installs fine

4.  Import your Poweramp settings.

13 hours ago, Tristan Young said:

I'm trying to install the previous version build 828, but keep getting apk appears corrupt errors.  Tried even earlier versions, same corrupt error.

Edit:  Figured it out.  If you're having problems downgrading, do the following:
1.  Export your Poweramp settings.

2.  Uninstall Poweramp.

3.  Install the earlier build (eg: 828). <-- now it installs fine

4.  Import your Poweramp settings.

There are those in the beta program. (Step 3) You need to get out of the beta before installing the app. He's working for me right now.

Why would you need to get out of the beta program?

I am in the beta program, and I was able to revert to 828 without uninstalling or re-installing.  And reverting to 828 definitely helped, as I'm now able to use Poweramp while connected to a bluetooth audio device.  I just need to make sure I don't update Poweramp to the buggy version, which won't be a problem.

So, what ill-effects will I experience by not getting out of the beta program?  I want to remain in the beta program, albeit skip 829.

Archived