Is there an easy to understand shuffle FAQ anywhere?

I've been trying for hours to find a way to shuffle all the albums by a certain artist I have on my phone.  If I just select the artist, ALL the songs by that artist get played in alphabetical order.  If I select a song on one of their albums, Poweramp just stops after the last song on THAT album instead of advancing.  I've tried both shuffle and repeat settings every way.  

1 hour ago, stevewilson said:

I've been trying for hours to find a way to shuffle all the albums by a certain artist I have on my phone.  If I just select the artist, ALL the songs by that artist get played in alphabetical order.  If I select a song on one of their albums, Poweramp just stops after the last song on THAT album instead of advancing.  I've tried both shuffle and repeat settings every way.  

That should work since build 819. Start playing an album and Set Shuffle to "Shuffle Categories" by long pressing the shuffle button ( to the right beneath the album art) or repeatedly tapping it, see discussion :

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

Picking the example here, how to shuffle only Artist's albums' contents, how does "Shuffle Categories" limit shuffling to just Artist's albums???

If you want to listen to each album by an artist, but with the songs played in random order within each album:
      Library > Artists > (tap on your chosen artist's name) > (tap on the first album title that you'd like to start with) > Shuffle icon

If you want to listen to all music by an artist (regardless of albums) in completely random order:
      Library > Artists > (tap on your chosen artist's name) > All Artist Songs > Shuffle icon

Alternatively, if you know where you want to start, you could also just set any song playing in either the Artist>Album list, or the Artist>All Artist Songs list, by simply tapping on the song title, and then use the Shuffle icon in the Player screen to enable Shuffle Songs/Categories (or just Shuffle Songs).

Andre

The key point in the answer to my question is "'hit shuffle' while playing the artist or playlist". Comprehension slowly dawns. For clarification's sake, "hit shuffle" means, in this setting, selecting "shuffle songs"? 

9 hours ago, RBEmerson said:

The key point in the answer to my question is "'hit shuffle' while playing the artist or playlist". 

Correct. The 'Shuffle Just Songs' option shuffles all of the songs in the currently chosen playback category (which could be an album, an artist, a folder, a playlist, etc, depending on what category mode you are listening in). Similarly 'Shuffle Just Categories' would pick a random album/artist/folder/etc and then play all of its songs in order, then pick a new album/artist/folder/etc at random and play that.

For more detail on this subject, please see : 

Andre

Archived