show track number and disc number

loop

4 hours ago, loop said:

right now it's impossible to see what track is on which disc and this feature would be very useful especially for box sets with a lot of discs and tracks

For the track counter I think you're looking for this option in settings:

Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI
Show Track Counter

It will appear center beneath the album art.

Screenshot_2018-12-13-14-26-57.thumb.png.597ce8bc7991874a7df9b2c14089185e.png

16 minutes ago, Lllgetwlw said:

Greatest weakness of Poweramp! I really hope they add this feature , otherwise I stop using Poweramp 

If the generally perceived "greatest weakness" of Poweramp is that it only shows track numbers in the player screen, not occasional album disc numbers too, then this forum would be very much quieter... 

Andre

• 2 months later...

what i meant is we don't have track numbers and disc numbers in this view

for example this box set by the cure has 70 tracks over 4 discs and it's impossible to tell when one disc ends and other one begins

Screenshot_20190316-095720_Poweramp.jpg

[Edit: disc# sorting is now implemented, I hadn't checked on the latest versions, my bad!] 

If you use Track sorting, any multi-disc albums that are correctly tagged with Track# and Disc# in each file will have all of the track 1s listed first, followed by all of the track 2s, etc. Currently the only way around this is to renumber all of the tracks to they run sequentially - e.g. 1-70 - or use filename sorting (which is what I do).

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also appreciate a setting to switch on/off track numbers in list views. It makes orientation easier, especially with albums with many tracks.

The other thing would be a graphic separation of discs in multi disc albums. Just leaving a little space with additional numbering would do it.

MusicBee for example goes one step further: It uses an id3 tag for grouping (I don’t know the correct English term) so that you can define names for each disc in multi disc albums, e.g. in "Beethoven – Complete Works", disc 23 is named "Sonatas for piano and cello". In the list view, these titles are displayed which also makes orientation easier.

That would actually tie in rather nicely with something I was suggesting in another thread where a user was requesting a customised sort order: 

If Max does want to implement anything like that at some stage in the future, it would be easy to add an option to use any tag (such as Disc# in this case) as an in-line separator in an otherwise flat songs list. That would also allow users to (for example) create a List Option which displays all of the songs in albums by each artist in a flat list sorted by Album, but with a separator line between each one.

Andre

Wow, @andrewilley, what you were suggesting in that thread would really be great – powerful but not too difficult to handle. 

However, if Max would choose not to implement a system like this, what would be wrong with displaying an in-line separator between discs in multi disc albums anyway?

• 2 months later...

Archived