New skin request

ineedabuttrub

Is there anyone willing to make a skin that restores the V2 UI? I greatly dislike the V3 UI. Don't like the icons. Don't like the wave seek bar. Don't like the color puke in the library. Don't understand why there's a thumbs down for local media. If I dislike a song it's not on my phone. It feels like a whole bunch of unnecessary stuff was added and it's made the app much less pleasant to use.

You can't change the basic interface mechanism, what sort of icon choices you have, as those are core functionality of the app. You change change how they look and which ones are displayed where.

I've not idea what you mean by colour puke in the library, mine just shows black or white lists.

You can choose to use either thumbs up/down or the more traditional five-starts ratings system in Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI. As it happens I prefer stars too, I too can't see why anyone would want to thumbs-down any songs that they have personally chosen to put on their phone (as opposed to just deleting the stuff you don't like).

Andre

Thanks for the quick reply.

For color puke, see the attached image. One of the best things about Poweramp was that it was just about monochromatic. To me there's no reason for it. I only use 4 of the categories, and the color looks weird.
I figured there wasn't a way to change the UI back. I just reverted to V2 and disabled updates. Problem solved.

7JTP44N.jpg

You can select which categories you wish PA to display, just showing your four top favourites if you like (and there are others available in the List Options that are not shown by default too). The above colours look pretty muted and tasteful to me - hardly "colour puke"! - but you're right that the default icons are not just boring monochrome. However if you want to use a skin that shows them in black and white only, you are perfectly free to do so. Here's my current category display format for example, which just happens to be single colour:

image.png

It's always worth doing a bit of looking around the options in a new app (and PA is very configurable) before throwing your toys out of the pram. :)

Andre

I prefer "boring monochrome." That's a large part of why I liked PA in the first place. I understand I can change which categories are shown. Having a "rainbow" of 4 colors, since I only have 4 icons up, looks odd.

I don't like that I'd need a skin to even attempt to make things usable in V3 when it was never needed before.

The option was to get a skin to revert V3 to look likek V2. Since that's not possible, I'm out of options to make V3 something worth using to me. Instead of switching to a different app and throwing the money away I paid for the full version, I've simply downgraded to the version I like. I'm throwing the toy I don't like (V3) out of the pram. I'm perfectly happy keeping the toy I like (V2) in the pram with me. :)

That's fine, feel free to continue to use v2 if you prefer not to use a skin (which is how you change the look of apps, which is what you were asking about). Do remember to turn automatic updates off for PA in Google Play once you've re-installed v2.

Good luck with finding a monochrome phone these days though, mine have all had colour screens for about 15 years. :)

Andre

Archived