Tapping the same current playing song shouldn't restart the song

SaintTail

2 minutes ago, SaintTail said:

It is counter intuitive for me when I tap album on player ui to go back to some library page (playlists, all songs, albums, etc) when I tap the song currently playing it is start the song at the beginning instead of just continue playing.

Agreed, many of us have been asking for this for the past several months.

2 hours ago, SaintTail said:

but should be the same when clicking the SAME song on the list. (This is only my personal preference)

This would also have a huge benefit of then being able to switch category modes without interrupting playback. For example, if you are listening to a song in albums mode and you decide you want to hear more by the same artist, currently you can't switch to Artist category playback without resetting the currently playing track. 

22 hours ago, SaintTail said:

It is counter intuitive for me when I tap album on player ui to go back to some library page (playlists, all songs, albums, etc) when I tap the song currently playing it is start the song at the beginning instead of just continue playing.

Regarding countering intuition - the other players usually do this (actually I can't find one which doesn't reset same track on click from list).

Nevertheless, option to avoid restarting track (just category changes) is added to build 810.

Just now, maxmp said:

Regarding countering intuition - the other players usually do this (actually I can't find one which doesn't reset same track on click from list).

Nevertheless, option to avoid restarting track (just category changes) is added to build 810.

Excellent, thanks Max. I've actually wanted a feature like that for about 6 years now. :)

Andre

Archived