Background visualization?

flake

Hello,

When I'm using Poweramp, I frequently want to enable visualization. But I would like to be able to see both interface (including artwork) and visualization, as a background. I was thinking about a parameter allowing us to choose the disappearing time of the whole interface, with a maximum of "never disappear"; and/or an option for the button allowing to enable or disable visualization.

I hope it will happen one day.

With all my respect,

A grateful user for this perfect app (the only one I bought, as I usually prefer turn myself to open source solutions)

1 hour ago, Red Balooon said:

Also, before you all came out with v.3, I was a longtime fan of projectM.  I'd like to import those visualizations into Poweramp, but I see no way to get them.  Please add that functionality.

I don't know ProjectM, but if it is milkdrop compatible then try copying the relevant files into the folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ and then Rescan Presets.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I don't know ProjectM, but if it is milkdrop compatible then try copying the relevant files into the folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ and then Rescan Presets.

Andre

thanks for the tip.  I'll try that.  First I gotta figure out where they are now.  ProjectM is the open source continuation of milk drop, for android, as I understand it.

Okay, I added 240 or so visualizations from Project M.  That worked, but comparing the two programs leaves me thinking that the visualization on Poweramp really needs to incorporate more (open source) code and ideas from ProjectM.  Specifically: (1) in Poweramp, the visualizations abruptly change from one to the next.  In ProjectM, they slowly fade, one overlaid with the next, which is really cool.    (2)  ProjectM accommodates the highest resolution screen you can throw at it (mine's a Note 9), and Poweramp does not.  (3)  In ProjectM, you can easily change to the next visualization by swiping:  any gesture that does the same in Poweramp, without going into a menu, would be good.  (4)  This one would be difficult (since it might interfere with the music player), but in Poweramp, touching the screen while the visualization is displaying makes it interactive:  your finger draws a "trail" that is manipulated with the beat of the music and with the graphics of the vizualization.  To do this in Poweramp would require that, like ProjectM, the visualization stay on until there's a double tap on the screen, reserving single touches for the visual effect.

Just a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 5:22 PM, flake said:

Hello,

When I'm using Poweramp, I frequently want to enable visualization. But I would like to be able to see both interface (including artwork) and visualization, as a background. I was thinking about a parameter allowing us to choose the disappearing time of the whole interface, with a maximum of "never disappear"; and/or an option for the button allowing to enable or disable visualization.

I hope it will happen one day.

With all my respect,

A grateful user for this perfect app (the only one I bought, as I usually prefer turn myself to open source solutions)

It seems like a great idea! Practically in the same way I like to activate the Visualizations and I would love to be able to appreciate the album art at the same time without it going out.

Please bear in mind this request
Thank you.

Archived