Mini player is stuck to first song in the Library

Austin-316

Hi @maxmp there is this bug where the playing (image below) becomes stuck to the first ever song in the library and unresponsive to touch and it doesn't go to the now playing screen when touched it just gets stuck, it can be fixed when you close Poweramp from switcher.

it can be reproduced by launching PA from the widget.

Screenshot_20180907-233855_Poweramp_1536353117772.thumb.jpg.9aa697c6e4f2599f7014dbed7fad4542.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, snoufaltariq said:

i can confirm and it's so annoying after each song change the whole phone freezes for 5 or 7 seconds.Please fix this ASAP makes the app unusable

As this doesn't affect most users, please can you provide some diagnostic info. Just the phone and ROM types would be good as a start.

Andre

Same here. Galaxy S9 on 8.0.0.

It happens not only by using the widget but randomly when you open the app. The bar is completely frozen, you can't open the now playing screen nor play anything and it's stuck to the first track in your library, whatever the last thing you listened to was, like Austin-316 described.

The only solution is to completely close and relaunch Poweramp.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:32 PM, andrewilley said:

If your music is on an SD card (or if there is a large number of files in a single folder) could you try copying some music files into a small folder on your internal memory and see if you have the same problem with those tracks?

Andre

thanks @andrewilley, I unselected the music folder that were on my sd card, then copied some music files from my pc over to internal  storage, and selected that folder within Poweramp , the problem still persists. please @maxmp  can you fix this .

On 9/10/2018 at 4:55 AM, lrkjglksjhdfgkl said:

Same here. Galaxy S9 on 8.0.0.

It happens not only by using the widget but randomly when you open the app. The bar is completely frozen, you can't open the now playing screen nor play anything and it's stuck to the first track in your library, whatever the last thing you listened to was, like Austin-316 described.

The only solution is to completely close and relaunch Poweramp.

You're right mine is exactly like that.

• 4 weeks later...

@andrewilley @maxmp this issue is still there in the latest build (799) , it can be easily reproduced by launching PA from the widget, but the behavior changed in the last couple of builds,  the miniplayer reponds to touch this time around but the album art of the first song in the library gets stuck to the mini player, its clear in the screenshots.

Screenshot_20181006-213334_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181006-213354_Poweramp.jpg

On 10/7/2018 at 12:05 AM, Austin-316 said:

@andrewilley @maxmp this issue is still there in the latest build (799) , it can be easily reproduced by launching PA from the widget, but the behavior changed in the last couple of builds,  the miniplayer reponds to touch this time around but the album art of the first song in the library gets stuck to the mini player, its clear in the screenshots.

Screenshot_20181006-213334_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20181006-213354_Poweramp.jpg

Did you try reinstalling it solved the problem for me try that once i have mixed source of files some in sd card and some internal storage so i suggest you do that @Austin-316

7 hours ago, snoufaltariq said:

Did you try reinstalling it solved the problem for me try that once i have mixed source of files some in sd card and some internal storage so i suggest you do that @Austin-316

@snoufaltariq  thanks for your suggestion , I reinstalled  PA and started from scratch, I think I narrowed the issue down to this: this problem now happens only if "Start at Library" is on in look and feel settings,  I mean the setting when you launch PA it will go directly to the library rather than the now playing screen, you can reproduce this issue by restarting the phone or force stopping the app in settings and launch PA either from icon or widget.

@andrewilley   @maxmp

• 1 month later...

@maxmp  this problem is definitely very much alive and its very annoying please fix,  I tested this with two devices Galaxy S7 and LG V30+ both running stock android 8.0

this is how to reproduce the bug

1- kill Poweramp from app switcher

2- force stop Poweramp from settings / apps

3- restart device

4- launch Poweramp either directly or from the widget

please fix this @maxmp  @andrewilley

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Any bug which only shows up when you kill and force-stop (i.e. basically kill and crash) an app could be regarded as user-created...

Andre

Yeah but why its happening on both of my devices? please can you at least test it on your side and see if I'm right?

Again, some desync between mini player and actual song loaded can happen during rescan, but it should normalize itself as soon as scan finished.

Desync happens due to the rapidly changing database, when some parts of PA may load different datasets, but this should be really rare case and only for the rescanning.

An alternative is to disable UI or parts of it during rescans.

If desync happens for you when no any active scan is happening (progress rotates in library header), please le me know.

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

Again, some desync between mini player and actual song loaded can happen during rescan, but it should normalize itself as soon as scan finished.

Desync happens due to the rapidly changing database, when some parts of PA may load different datasets, but this should be really rare case and only for the rescanning.

An alternative is to disable UI or parts of it during rescans.

If desync happens for you when no any active scan is happening (progress rotates in library header), please le me know.

Thank you @maxmp for your reply

Yes exactly this desync happens when no any active scan is happening, I tested this more than 15 times , again this desync happens when no any active scan is happening, please if you can fix it that would be awesome, I tested this on galaxy s7 and LG V30+ this desync is defiantly happening

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Does it happen it normal use though, when you don't force-close and kill the app first as you described above?

Andre

when this happens you can fix it by closing the app and launch it again, but this dysync happens when you force close the app and/or restart the device 

I even factory reset both of my devices to see if it  was my fault but it still happens

19 hours ago, Austin-316 said:

but this dysync happens when you force close the app and/or restart the device 

As I said before, does this issue ever happen when you don't perform abnormal activities such as force-closing the app (basically telling Android to crash out of the app).

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As I said before, does this issue ever happen when you don't perform abnormal activities such as force-closing the app (basically telling Android to crash out of the app).

Andre

But it also happens without force closing ,  and I tested several times, this is a dysync issue as @maxmp said

Archived