Jump to content
Poweramp
Austin-316

Mini player is stuck to first song in the Library

Recommended Posts

Can you please provide step by step scenario when this is reproducible for you? As again, desync should a be very rare case, only during (probably long) scans and after that it immediately synchronizes. And generally this is not reproduceble in normal conditions for even 20k songs collections (but my test devices are not filled with apps and not tweaked).

As immediate solution (esp. if PA is killed often), I recommend disabling Initial scan option in Settings / Library / Scanner.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Can you please provide step by step scenario when this is reproducible for you? As again, desync should a be very rare case, only during (probably long) scans and after that it immediately synchronizes. And generally this is not reproduceble in normal conditions for even 20k songs collections (but my test devices are not filled with apps and not tweaked).

 As immediate solution (esp. if PA is killed often), I recommend disabling Initial scan option in Settings / Library / Scanner.

Thanks!

 thanks @maxmp I disabled the Initial scan option , it didn't have  any effect

first you must enable start at library in look and feel settings

then restart the device and launch Poweramp either directly or from the widget, and start playing a song and go back to library and you can see the song that is actually playing is different from the one in the mini player,

I noticed this issue since build 390 + and I posted this thread on sepetember 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Austin-316 I don't think I can reproduce that (testing on device with 20k songs + initial scan). When I start PA it's showing Library immediately and in the miniplayer I can see the last track played immediately.

What do you see there on start?

Also I tries All Songs category. Does this reproduce for you for some specific category or all of them are affected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Austin-316 I don't think I can reproduce that (testing on device with 20k songs + initial scan). When I start PA it's showing Library immediately and in the miniplayer I can see the last track played immediately.

What do you see there on start?

Also I tries All Songs category. Does this reproduce for you for some specific category or all of them are affected?

@maxmp  yes but if you enable start at library in look and feel settings and restart the device and launch PA the miniplayer it is not showing the last song I played instead it just shows the first song in the library (I mean first song in All Songs category ) or a random song, if I go back and force between the miniplayer and now playing screen it is still the same . the temorary fix for me is to close PA from app switcher and relaunch it.

and it doesn't matter which song category , all of them are affected.

I formatted the devices to factory settings multiple times and started testing this on new clean device and it still the same

if you can't replicate here is a step by step how to

0-enable start at library in look and feel settings

1-close PA from app switcher

2-force close the PA from Settings >>apps

3-restart the device

4-launch PA from the widget

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Austin-316 said:

@maxmp  yes but if you enable start at library in look and feel settings and restart the device and launch PA the miniplayer it is not showing the last song I played instead it just shows the first song in the library (I mean first song in All Songs category ) or a random song, if I go back and force between the miniplayer and now playing screen it is still the same . the temorary fix for me is to close PA from app switcher and relaunch it.

and it doesn't matter which song category , all of them are affected.

I formatted the devices to factory settings multiple times and started testing this on new clean device and it still the same

if you can't replicate here is a step by step how to

0-enable start at library in look and feel settings

1-close PA from app switcher

2-force close the PA from Settings >>apps

3-restart the device

4-launch PA from the widget

I have this problem too. It's happening on a regular basis since the first beta build... Though when I click on the Mini-player, the song playing or the last played song is showed in the Player UI. 😕 Coming back to the List and a wrong song displayed again in the Mini-player... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Austin-316 thanks for the details. Looks like storage is not immediately mounted on your device after boot, when you start Poweramp it tries to load some song and fails, thus, loading some first available (though, this shouldn't be available too, in theory, causing multiple "Failed to play" messages). There may be other issue, preventing Poweramp from accessing storage immediately. Unfortunately, my test S7E stuck on Android 7.0 (so OS differs) and it's not reproducible on as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Austin-316 thanks for the details. Looks like storage is not immediately mounted on your device after boot, when you start Poweramp it tries to load some song and fails, thus, loading some first available (though, this shouldn't be available too, in theory, causing multiple "Failed to play" messages). There may be other issue, preventing Poweramp from accessing storage immediately. Unfortunately, my test S7E stuck on Android 7.0 (so OS differs) and it's not reproducible on as well.

 

 

@maxmp thanks both of my devices are android oreo 8.0 stock,  LG v30+ and galaxy s7 flat,  I have android studio I will try to produce a log when this bug happens, BTW I'm not the only one with issue other people have this issue too as you can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...