Playlist Improvements

akovia

Great app but could use some playlist love.

Would love to see some auto generated playlists.

• Decades
  • Genres
  • Most Played
  • etc..

Playlist resolver

This might be a bit more esoteric, but it would be great if you could import existing playlists from your computer and have the app try to resolve matching items. It would save lots of time trying to either hand edit or recreating from scratch. There are some good apps out there that do this on the PC already like listfix. Anyway, it would certainly set this app apart.

Playlists Backup?

I am sensitive to this right now since I just lost everything on my phone when my provider upgraded my phone to Marshmallow. I've seen some app solutions for backing up your playlists, but it would be even better to have it integrated into the app. I doubt you want to deal with cloud hosting, but maybe plugins for existing cloud services?  There may be a better solution but I'd love to see something that addresses this issue built right in.

Keep up the great work!

May i suggest you have a look at New Playlist Manager which integrates with Poweramp in respect of ratings and times played. It also has functionality to update the Popm mp3 tag on the track itself using the Poweramp ratings since you cannot export these from Poweramp. There are many posts on this on the forum. In addition, you can create playlists from decades. It also has a custom query builder allowing you many more options including importing foreign playlists.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can already export playlists, but it is a manual task that you have to remember to run every so often.

Andre

Right.

I meant an automated way to a cloudservice. If I understand correctly, developers can backup application information now in Android Marshmallow. Might this be planned in the future so all playlists will get backed up as well?

6 hours ago, TheoKlink said:

May i suggest you have a look at New Playlist Manager which integrates with Poweramp in respect of ratings and times played. It also has functionality to update the Popm mp3 tag on the track itself using the Poweramp ratings since you cannot export these from Poweramp. There are many posts on this on the forum. In addition, you can create playlists from decades. It also has a custom query builder allowing you many more options including importing foreign playlists.

"New Playlist Manager which integrates with Poweramp" ?

If you mean this, then I already tried that and it just crashes when trying to make a dynamic playlist. Seems I wasn't the only one with this problem either.

I've owned Poweramp since i got my last phone and have liked it fine, but it just seems to fail when dealing with playlists and ratings. I've been playing with the PlayerPro trial today and am enjoying that I can create rules for playlists and it also comes with a few itself. It also supports different ratings systems and picked up my old MediaMonkey ratings on all my older tracks. I also find the side swipe menu on the left to get to your music much easier than hitting a small button. 

Not sure if I'll keep it or not yet, but it has my attention.

Archived