Requests for Hi-Res Support (please state which build of Poweramp you are using)

Your device supports Hi-Res audio _output_* (at least 24bit, at least 96khz sampling rate), but Poweramp v3.0 alpha doesn't support it?
Request the support here!

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM): /system/build.prop file or adb shell getprop output
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)?
  4. For recent Poweramp builds, screenshot of Settings / Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Audio Outputs Detection Logs.
  5. A copy of your device's /etc/audio_policy.conf or audio_output_policy.conf or audio_io_policy.conf file may be helpful. [on some devices this can be found in /vendor/etc/ or /system/etc/ instead]

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, phobos24 said:

1. Lenovo Vibe X3 (X3a40)

2. 5.1.1 (Lenovo stock rom)

3. 32-bit ESS Sabre ES9018K2M DAC with 3x TI OPA1612

Poweramp build-702 seems to support Hi-Res output on this device. Though, only partially:
- when Hi-Res (and thus-24bit) output is enabled in build-702, X3 applies extra filtering above 24khz (or silently resamples to 48khz). Thus it can't be qualified as Hi-Res
- when "hi-fi" output up to 192khz is enabled (debug build), only 16-bit is possible. That can't be qualified as Hi-Res too.

19 hours ago, JimJamz said:

1. OnePlus One (A0001/bacon)

2. 6.0.1 (SultanXDA CM13) http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3242700

3. Snapdragon 24-bit PCM

Link to files you requested. (audio_policy.conf, libmedia.so)
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1dIbtukNwxxWVhDdDZCQVhrYmc&usp=sharing

OnePlus One is supported by build-702 (stock ROM COS 12.1.1). If it doesn't work for that ROM, it means it's disabled in that ROM. Your audio_policy.conf is ok, may be build.props audio.offload.pcm.24bit.enable is disabled? Some ROM makers like to "optimize" offloading out, as it glitched in 4.x androids.

18 minutes ago, maxmp said:

OnePlus One is supported by build-702 (stock ROM COS 12.1.1). If it doesn't work for that ROM, it means it's disabled in that ROM. Your audio_policy.conf is ok, may be build.props audio.offload.pcm.24bit.enable is disabled? Some ROM makers like to "optimize" offloading out, as it glitched in 4.x androids.

My opo (6.0.1) doesn't have the line you mentioned in the build.prop file but only the 16bit one. Does this mean that it is "optimized" out as you mentioned? Would a local.prop identical line help?

56 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp build-702 seems to support Hi-Res output on this device. Though, only partially:
- when Hi-Res (and thus-24bit) output is enabled in build-702, X3 applies extra filtering above 24khz (or silently resamples to 48khz). Thus it can't be qualified as Hi-Res
- when "hi-fi" output up to 192khz is enabled (debug build), only 16-bit is possible. That can't be qualified as Hi-Res too.

Ah that is a shame. Was really looking forward to using Poweramp on my device.
thank you for looking into it mate.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Yes, exactly. You may try to add it (set to true), though.

I tried it, after a reboot I can select the Hi-Res audio but as soon as I play a track the app prints "Failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output. Using default output."

1 hour ago, phobos24 said:

Ah that is a shame. Was really looking forward to using Poweramp on my device.
thank you for looking into it mate.

Still, even with 24=>16 resampling by Lenovo (I guess, this is due to Dolby being 16-bit only, it supports 192khz though), Hi-Fi audio path is better, and I'm adding separate "Lenovo Hi-Fi" variant into Hi-Res output plugin (Android 6.0+).

37 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, this means critical parts of Hi-Res audio path is missing from ROM.

Thanks again for your quick answer. Can you please let me know what should I check in my ROM, so that I can ping the dev for that?

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

Still, even with 24=>16 resampling by Lenovo (I guess, this is due to Dolby being 16-bit only, it supports 192khz though), Hi-Fi audio path is better, and I'm adding separate "Lenovo Hi-Fi" variant into Hi-Res output plugin (Android 6.0+).

just out of curiosity i'm attaching my audio policy, FYI i do have to toggle a switch to actually activate the sabre DAC. maybe that's whats causing the problem.

and dolby is just a software effect ya, so i dont really turn it on.

thanks again mate.

audio_policy_vibex3.conf

15 hours ago, Harshal said:

It does support for USB DAC

But not over headphones

Yes, as headphones (wired headphones/aux 3.5 jack) requires internal DAC capable of Hi-Res playback.

just out of curiosity i'm attaching my audio policy, FYI i do have to toggle a switch to actually activate the sabre DAC. maybe that's whats causing the problem.

The debug Poweramp build now has support for Lenovo HiFi 16bit/192khz output (Android 6.0). It's much better than standard output, even with just 16bit resampling. When Hi-Res output is activated in that debug Poweramp build, HiFi output is used, no matter if the HiFi system switch is enabled or not.

9 minutes ago, Sung9393 said:

1.Sony Xperia Z2
2.Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Stock Rom)
3.http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/10/01/xperia-details-hi-res-audio/

From this link, Z2 has no internal Hi-Res DAC:

Xperia Z2 was compatible with Hi-Res Audio but you needed a converter to listen to it. So in Xperia Z3, we’ve built that converter into the phone. If you have Hi-Res compatible headphones you can just plug them in to the headphone jack like any other pair and listen away.

As for Z3, I'll test it soon, most probably support will be added.